Forum Member

Question Turnout gear repair

Hey, everyone. I've just gained the responsibility of my departments gear inventory. Issueing (sp?), cleaning, and general maintenance are now part of my duties. We are close to completing a company wide turnover to new gear. However, the first sets of the order( approx. 18 mos. old) have some minor repairs needed. Torn pockets, missing snaps for suspenders, etc. In the 'burbs of NYC, does anyone know of a company that does repairs on site? I hate to take this gear o.o.s for long periods of time for these minor repairs. What do you all do ?

Permanently Removed

Lightbulb Nice site...

This California site might give you some
    information.

www.turnoutservices.com

Forum Member

Try going to Trilex in Passaic, NJ. They are the official cleaner of FDNY and do most of the departments in Central and Northern NJ. They are very fast with the repairs and can help with efficient ways to inventory your gear.
    Kevin M. Fitzhenry
    Captain, Rescue Company 1
    City of Bayonne (NJ) Fire Department

MembersZone Subscriber

Check out National Safety Clean

We've been very happy with their services for over 10 years now.

Forum Member

I have to agree with Stuart in regards to nice work that National Safety Clean. They are pretty quick and do nice work. I just started using a company called 911 safety equipement. They are located in Norristown, PA and are pretty quick also. I actually found them cheaper than National Safety Clean. But each company has their pro/cons.

If you do not mind me asking, who is the manufacturer of your gear? I am curious since we have morning pride and I have noticed that a lot of the stitching is coming undone along the striping.

Hope this helps and be safe

Forum Member

My Department Uses Trilex also. My gear is o.o.s. as we speak for cleaning and some small patches. They usually have the gear cleaned and repaired within a week!

By the way Firepics? Are you from NCFD? You posted a picture once from your guys at a Job or something.We have a guy on my department that used to be a member down there. Send me a PM or email
    arsenic32@hotmail.com
    Last edited by firefiftyfive; 01-22-2004 at 12:27 PM.

Forum Member

I would have to agree with Safety33 and Stuart on National Safety Clean. We have been using them for many years for repairs to our gear and also cleaning of our gear from biohazards. They have great service and are pretty fast in the turn around of the equipment. Great customer service and a real pleasure to deal with. They always called after the service to make sure we were satisfied.

Forum Member

Bay Area gear repair in Florida and Gloves Inc. in GA Both do good work. We have used both.

MembersZone Subscriber

We have had excellent service from Solutions Safety Services http://www.solutionssafety.com/ . Turnaround time has been good and the prices were much more reasonable than some of the others mentioned here -- especially if repairs were needed. They provide packaging and UPS shipping. They have an offer on their web site to clean 1 set of turnouts for free.

Forum Member

Have used National Safety Clean ..............Zero problems !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Once again, the forums have come through! Thanks, everyone

Forum Member

Thumbs up

I use Trilex for my personal turnout also, 2 thumbs up.
    put the wet stuff on the hot stuff.

EMT
    Firefighter
    Hazmat Tech.
    911 EMD dispatcher
    IPN Dispatcher

Forum Member

National Safety Clean has done an excellent job for us when we send stuff out. Usually we do most cleaning in house and some repairs are done by a local company, but every once in awhile we have to send stuff out. The one time mine went to NSC, they cleaned it up sp it looked brand new, re-waterproofed it, and replaced 3/4 of my striping.

Forum Member

Originally posted by Safety33
    I have to agree with Stuart in regards to nice work that National

If you do not mind me asking, who is the manufacturer of your gear? I am curious since we have morning pride and I have noticed that a lot of the stitching is coming undone along the striping.

Hope this helps and be safe

We have morning pride and also have the same problem. It is with the gear that we have purchased over the last 3 years. I hope you are not paying someone to fix that. It is covered under MP's life time repair policy. JUst do not completely remove the striping or you void the coverage. Last Mp's repair department is slow slower than the government. With a Vp of morning pride living in bucks county you would thing we get better service.

Forum Member

CHOAD33-
    It is unfortunate to hear that someone else is having the same problem with the morning pride gear. The most recent items that my company has ordered from them, they have held up. Thanks for the information about MP's lifetime warranty. Some of the gear needs new striping due to fires, but others are more stress related. I am going to call the rep that we use. I have him coming into the station at the end of the month.
    I would think that they could speed up the process of fixing the gear. But, sometimes it is better to go somewhere else when time is an issue.
    I started using a new company called 911 safety clean. They are located in Norristown. I have already had one pair of pants cleaned their and they were not to pricy. actually cheaper than national safety clean. If you would like, I could send you the price lists. Their website is www.911se.com.
    Thanks for the information and stay safe.

Thread Information