Default Them Whacky French

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_858739.html

Firefighters 'recruit teenage arsonists'

Part time firefighters in a northern French town are suspected of asking local teenagers to set fires as a way to get more pay.

Officials say the seven allegedly told investigators they worried their fire station in Sallaumine would shut down because there was so little work.

The group is suspected of a role in about 15 fires between July and November.

All were placed under investigation - a step short of formal charges - for arson and complicity in arson. Three were jailed. The others were released.

In southern France this week, a former volunteer firefighter was jailed and placed under investigation for starting five fires on the Riviera - including one that killed four people in July.

Judicial officials say the man acknowledged responsibility for all the fires except the one that killed four foreign tourists - two British, a Dutch and a Polish citizen. He was jailed in Draguignan.

Forum Member

Wow...I'm sure glad we don't have that problem here in the States.

Forum Member

I guess it dont matter the flag you fly.........scum bag ff is a scum bag ff.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Temporarily/No Longer Active

Maybe, here in the USA, we should call arsons "Freedom Fires" to separate our arsons from the ones committed by the French.

Forum Member

Maybe, here in the USA, we should call arsons "Freedom Fires" to separate our arsons from the ones committed by the French.

Thread Information