1. #1
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2003

    Angry desperate for help air solenoid

    Help I have an 78 fmc pumper the valve to switch to pump is inoperative and i cannot get out of pump (pnuematic 3 lines) anything I can use temporarily to get the truck back to station or where I can get a new valve. Pleease help you can call this is embarassing.
    shawn wooll
    Kayenta Volunteer fire dept.
    928 697 3347

  2. #2
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    South St. Paul, MN


    Hopefully you have figured it out by now. Most pump shift units have some type of manual overide. If the air shift valve is not working in may require bleeding the air off of the pump shift side in order to shift back to road. I do not know if you can get the exact replacement air valve, but it probably could be replaced with a Williams control valve. Good luck.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register