Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Question W.W.Y.D If this happend?

What would you do if you were at a fire and were doing a search and saw the image of a ghostly firefighter standing in front of you.....

From FH. Main page.
    Ghost Allegedly Helps Texas Firefighters Put Out Blaze

Story Tools: Send It - Print It - Most Sent - Most Popular
    Insider: Get e-Alerts - Register/Subscribe

RAY PEDRAZA
    Courtesy of KGBT News

La Joya firefighters believe they've caught one on camera and they say they'll keep believing that until someone proves them wrong.

Monday night, one of the firefighters shared the images exclusively with Action 4 News. La Joya Assistant Fire Chief Richard Flores isn't really afraid of ghost.

"Ah, it doesn't bother me, as long as he helps," says Flores, laughing.

In fact, a helpful ghost is what his crew believes they captured on camera at a tire shop fire, last week.

The tire shop is located at Moorefield Road and 7 mile line, in Hidalgo County.

"We had one of the firefighters taking pictures that night," explains Flores. "And when she took the picture she looked down at the back of the digital camera and it looked blurry and she thought she messed up."

But after printing the photos from a computer, it was a quite clear. The translucent image of a firefighter can be seen walking through rubble.

So was it simply a camera glitch or the paranormal?

"We started talking to people and they say digital cameras don't do that," says Flores. "Digital cameras will take pictures and then stop. They won't take pictures over ones that have already been taken."

And if it was indeed a ghost, he may have had some company, from another ghost.

Analyzing the picture closely, his wife points out a second image that closely resembles a man's face.

Asked about the second image, Flores says, "I can't place that one. The guy that really caught our eye is the one where you can see clear through him."

And before anyone claims they can see right through Flores on this one, he strongly denies altering the pictures on a computer.

"I'm not gonna be doctoring any pictures - I don't have time for that."

One thing is for certain, Flores has e-mailed the images to several neighboring fire departments and no one can seem to identify the mysterious firefighter.

"How it came about I wouldn't know. But there was a lot of firefighters out there that night and it was a pretty big fire. And I guess we had extra help."

Another puzzling detail is the fact that the unknown firefighter in the picture was wearing a blue hat. On the evening of the fire, everyone else was wearing black or white hats.

Flores says they'll continue asking to see if anyone can identify the firefighter. He feels, perhaps, it's the ghost of a fallen local hero.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

What would you do if you were at a fire and were doing a search and saw the image of a ghostly firefighter standing in front of you.....
    Tell him to jump in and start humpin some hose........

Ask him if he wanted any knob time??!!??
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Originally posted by ff7134
    Ask him if he wanted any knob time??!!??

OK I'll behave .... darn it

I love the idea of some crusty ghost firefighter helping out.

ummmmmmmmm ah CRAP! I thought I was in the strange/unexplained thread - scrolled up to check something and saw I wasn't My pet peeve - people who duplicate threads/posts.

Jessie did it EVER occur to you to post this under the Strange and Unexplained thread where we've been talking about GHOSTS???? Or did you start a new thread because someone else already posted this article there????

*sigh*

Sorry, rant off.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Originally posted by RspctFrmCalgary
    Jessie did it EVER occur to you to post this under the Strange and Unexplained thread where we've been talking about GHOSTS???? Or did you start a new thread because someone else already posted this article there????

*sigh*

Sorry, rant off.

Sher, if you check the dates and times, Jesse put his thread up before the other person put his in the strange and unexplainable. Granted I agree with you regarding duplicating posts, however, I can only surmise that because this didn't happen directly to him he chose to begin a new thread as most of the posts in the other one are based on personal experiences.
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

whoopsi SORRY Jessie!!!

I read both of these last night and I guess I ASSUMED that because I read the ghostie one first that it was posted first.

I'm sticking by my "this belongs over there" part though LOL

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Sherri....get your mind out of the gutter!!!!!

Knob aka Nozzle!!!
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

OK I'll behave .... darn it
    I KNEW that

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Originally posted by RspctFrmCalgary

I KNEW that

SURE YA DID!
    We've seen your mind at work around here. hahahaha I like it

Default Extra Hands

As long as he doesn’t count towards minimum manning. I say bring all your ghost buddies.
    “Just when you think something is made to be Idiot Proof. They go a head and make a better Idiot”

MembersZone Subscriber

What I want to see is the EMT's checking his pulse and blood pressure during Rehab

BTW if you are short-handed do you reckon NIOSH would let you count him as part of your 2out at a structure fire?
    Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

You know.........maybe there was a small drop of water on the lens from the fire stream and it refracted the image of a near by firefighter or maybe it is just a ghost.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Thread Information