Forum Member

they are out there ...........I like to describe ours as nerdy ......and NOT an extreme whacker ..........but they are everywhere thats for sure.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

We call them woodchucks in vermont, I have even developed a scale of one to five, one being the singal rotator on the dash, five is an individual that looks like there truck is sponsored by whelen, and has lightbar, dashlight, deck lights, grill lights, arrowbar, hide-a-ways, and whatever else you can imagine. I rate around 1.5 - 2. I have been to fire schools in rural green mountain regions where they would be a class 5 woodchuck with sub compact Ford Fiesta type vehicles, mini vans, etc. It's sad really, lights worth more than the vehicle they are on.
    This statements made above do not represent the agency i belong to in any shape or form. So if i say something stupid its just me.

Yep, Everybody's got'em either big or small, major or minor, every department's got aleast one. Look at your dept. if you can't see the whacker its you...

Forum Member

ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?

Temporarily/No Longer Active

Kick THE LOSER OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Member
    Waynesboro, VA, possibly relocating to Virginia Beach in the near future!

Do you have anything even remotely intelligent or constructive to say? I take that as a no.
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

Forum Member

just cause the guy is whacker doesnt mean he is worht kicking out ......they are usually misunderstood ..........or like I said ...nerdy.....why would you say that ?
    thanks WFDjr ! ditto !
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607

Temporarily/No Longer Active

whackers get themselves or someone else hurt

Forum Member

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok............... you must be the whacker authority then ...........or maybe ..naw cant do it.
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607

Forum Member

Originally posted by WestsideEngCo1
    whackers get themselves or someone else hurt
    These threads have been going well before you came along. We don't need your ignorant comments that serve no purpose but to start an argument. Lose the bull$hit about saying whatever you want because you can. That doesn't fly. When you grow up, feel free to rejoin this thread. Until then, please spare us your attempt at causing trouble.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well said NM. Maybe the thread hit a little to close to home.
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

Forum Member

thanks fellas .............I was trying to say that only it wasnt as nice !
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607

Whacker's Don't hurt nobody...They show off all there fancy lights, and show everybody there collection of badges..But at the fireground they stand by the trucks trying to look important...
    Ain't Skeerd
    Half Leather Forever....

Forum Member
    Waynesboro, VA, possibly relocating to Virginia Beach in the near future!

MalteseMonster said it best, not once, but twice. Now if I may quote you for a second... "Look at your dept. if you can't see the whacker its you..." Well guys, Westside has looked and looked and looked, and just can't seem to find the whacker in his department. Guess what that means?
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

MembersZone Subscriber

Our whacker's vehicle looks like an ambulance stuffed in a chevy truck. Equipped that way too. I always wanted to open the bed cover and see if there is a stretcher in there. This guy though is a good EMT and can run the pump on a structure fire as good or better than anyone.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Whacker joke to give everyone here a smile

go here for joke
    Be Safe but Have fun
    www.rescuehumor.com

every whackers dream???
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I havent failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

- Thomas Edison

What a fire,parking to close to powerlines,or taking pictures of a fire thats not even in their town???
    Last edited by MalteseMonster; 02-14-2004 at 12:08 AM.
    Ain't Skeerd
    Half Leather Forever....

Forum Member

I didnt get that either ?
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607

Forum Member

I'm a volunteer here and I love to do it..But I don't go around and flaunt it and yes I have A light and sirens in but i don't expect anyone to pull over for me..If they don't i'll wait till the road ahead is clear and blow by em...Doesn't bother me one bit..Looking at my truck the only way you could tell i was a FF is obviously the light on my dash and the volunteer FF plates we got here,plus the mini-FD plate above my VFF plate on front..Which with our dept is required to be there..I dunno why..But Coverin your car with "we fight what you fear"...Save it for the rigs or sumthin. .I also utilize scanners too but unlike some of our members and this member WFDjr is describing i don't drive like a complete *** and watch in on others calls...I despise "scanner chasers" if you will...They are nothin but a pain to the FD whos operating because i know the guys here will go up to the FF's from depts and start chattin with em..If he's always complaining kick em the hell out because he's not a good person to have around the hall...The T-Shirts and stuff well i can;t say much there because i got a t-shirt from just about every dept around here and many full time depts in the states so i can't say much..I guess i'm in the same boat as you WFDjr...I cant stand members like that too which is why i steer clear of em

Forum Member

A blue light can be useful when you couldn't make it to the firehouse in time and you have to respond to the scene in your own vehicle. I'm not talking about using the light responding to the scene, but using it approaching the scene so the Fire Police can see that you're a firefighter. For example we had a fire at the local high school a while ago, and Fire Police had closed off the entrance to the school. Now if you got there and lit up your blue light they would send you right through, but if you didn't have one you'd have to stop and explain. That and I think a blue light is also useful when you live in a residential area off the main roads. It adds a layer of awareness for runners or bikers who may be out there at night when you have to get to the firehouse.

The blue light story has been beat to death on many accounts....If it works for you ... USE IT..Having one does not make you a whacker,Nore does collecting badges,patches,T-shirts,etc..A whacker is more or less a bad attitude,Which for the most part can be fixed with the proper amount of force ...On the other hand, Just because you have a hard-core whacker Doesn't make your dept. worst than any other..They are just a nuisance...If you want to get rid of them fine, but how many non-fire related activites can you use them for??WATERBOY
    Last edited by MalteseMonster; 02-21-2004 at 04:08 AM.
    Ain't Skeerd
    Half Leather Forever....

MembersZone Subscriber

Ohhh, sounds like a show-and-tell...

The only lights and siren I have are a red mini-strobe and a Galls 100-watt siren...

I only have 9 fire related shirts. One is a "lab shirt," a work shirt with an Oklahoma State University School of Fire Protection patch, I have two t-shirts from my Fire Protection Society rookie year, one from this year as a rookie master, an emergency managment polo, a SFPST polo, my home department t-shirt from when I was an Explorer, and long sleeve and short sleeve SFPST shirts. I'm trying to get rid of the SFPST polo because it's too big for me, anyone interested hit me up on PM or AIM.

However, I am spending a bit this summer because I plan on running a lot more calls, hence a need for more clean uniforms.

I keep a cell phone because it's easier than finding a pay phone. My department issues radios, and my voice and tone pager stays attached to me unless I go out of district, then it goes in the glove box.

I have a badge collection consisting of two badges, my current one, and one from my department in the 70's. My patch collection is mainly from the departments of friends I go to school with.

most of them start out like that until they realize that they are whackers,then they'll do anything not to be one. time will tell, if enough of your guys tell him that he is going a little overboard without driving him away, he may understand.
    If we don't do it nobody else will!!!!

Thread Information