Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scott SCBA

MembersZone Subscriber Firefighter430's Avatar

Question Scott SCBA

Need some assistance. Went to Scott's web page but it must be having problems, called my normal dealer and the salesman must be out so I thought I would post these questions. Our dept needs a few new airpacks. We currently have AP50s, 2200psi bottles, etc. Have been told by some folks during thier searches that they found out that the new airpacks that Scott makes will not accept our current bottles. Also that the pack are pretty much all new (dif. mask fittings, treads on bottles, whatever else, and there are no AP50s left new on the shelf. Is this true? Any help would be appreciated. Also any dealer info you guys have for VA or NC would be good. If you don't want to post send me an e-mail at info@smokeandfireprevention.co m

Thanks
    "Illegitimis non carborundum."

- Gen. Joseph Stilwell
    (Lat., "Don't let the *~#%&S grind you down.")

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Firefighter430...

You are correct when you say the bottles for the NxG2 will NOT work on your current AP50's. It is for the most part a new airpack because there is no longer a high pressure line to the first stage regulator.

Whoever told you that the AP50 was not being manufactured any longer was WRONG. We have 16 AP50's due to be delivered any day now. I talked to a Captain on an FD in Maryland yesterday who said they are purchasing AP50's with their FIRE Act grant.

When we were mulling over which pack to buy we had the regional rep for Scott into our station and we discussed our concerns with the NxG2 of being an orphan in our county with an air pack that no one else had or no one else's bottle would interchange onto. He assured us that the AP50 was still going to be produced for many years to come. So for us the decsion was easy.

FyredUp

That is the case.And why would you build a non conforming mongrel without the ability to upgrade existing equipment?Quick change can be a wonderful thing,but so can a break after bulling thru a bottle.If it won't work with anyones elses stuff,I'll be in no hurry to buy any.T.C.

Hi there,

You should take a look at SCOTT SCBAs.

I just found out that there is a new product that fits their facepiece called the EVACpro.

It is an emergency back-up respirator that attaches to the SCOTT facepiece in the event of an out of air situation or backpack entrapment.

Just my 2 cents...

Tony,
    you wanna pedal something try a bike. This post has ZERO relevancy with the thread at hand ............
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Default Tony the salesman?

Tony has been registered for 2 days with 8 posts all pushing this product. Smells fishy to me.

already reported to the WT !.sounds more like Tony Baloney !
    Last edited by Weruj1; 01-31-2004 at 10:22 PM.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

The NXG is the new pack from SCOTT. It uses the new AV3000 mask but the AV2000 will work just fine also. The bottle is connected with a quick connect fitting. This fitting makes the older bottles incompatable with the new pack. Also a NXG bottle can't be used with an older pack.
    SCOTT still has and will support all of the older packs like the airpac 50 and the 4.5.

The new "nifty" 50's we just got have a "nifty" "Evacpro".It's the RIT adapter DIRECT from SCOTT along with the HUD.No excuse for running out of air and 15 seconds to get more.One of the best emergency ideas the industry has come up with in a long time.Now as long as people don't start using them for a "quick"fill.I'd lots rather breath class "E" air than somebody's recycled room air.T.T.

Thread Information