Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Firefighter/Paramedic DAvid Mackie--Orange City Florida Fire Dept.

It is with great regret that the Florida Fire Chiefs' and the Orange City Fire Rescue Department inform you of the unexpected passing of Firefighter Paramedic David Mackie on January 27, 2004. Firefighter Mackie has been involved with emergency response organizations in Volusia County and most recently with the Orange City Fire Rescue Department. Services for Firefighter Paramedic Mackie are as lows :

Friday January 30, 2004 - A viewing will be held at the Deltona Memorial Funeral Home located at 1295 Saxon Blvd. in Orange City, Florida between 1700-2100 hours.

Saturday January 31, 2004 - The funeral for will take place at the Deltona Alliance Church located at 921 Deltona Blvd in Deltona, Florida at 1100 hours.

We ask that those agencies wishing to send apparatus or honor guard for the funeral procession and ceremony should contact the City of Deltona Fire Rescue Communications Center and identify the type and number of resource attending. This will assist in accommodating both personal and apparatus parking needs. The Communications Center can be contacted at 386-860-7177. Directions to any of the venues can be obtained from the Communications Center as required. Should you have any specific questions or needs the following persons have been assigned to assist you;

Lieutenant Rick Beauregard, Orange City Fire Rescue - Fire Department Liaison to assist with specific regarding the funeral procession and apparatus.

Lieutenant Bush Swisher, Deltona Fire Rescue - Honor Guard Liaison to assist with the needs of any visiting guard.

Each of these members can be contacted through the City of Deltona Fire Rescue Communications Center at the above number.

Sincerely,

FFCA Staff
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Forum Member

My thoughts and prayers go out to Firefighter Mackie's family, friends, and fellow brothers.

Thread Information