MembersZone Subscriber

Default Online Fire Science Degree

Hello everyone,

I'm looking at switching career gears completely. I'm currently a Network Administrator, but the Fire Science field has always interested me. I'm thinking about going for the Bachelor's in Fire Science degree (online) put on by the University of Maryland. Has anyone gone through this curriculum? If so, what was your experience? Any tips on getting a Fire Science career going would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Steve

District Chief

Pikes Peak Community College out of Colorado has the program. Which ever one you chose, make sure that it is an "accredited" program or it will be worth nothing.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Disillusioned Subscriber

captstan's right...make sure that whatever program you go through is an accredited program, or you're wasting your time. I went through Pikes Peak Community College myself, and was quite impressed with the quality of the program. I think GeorgeWendtCFI went through University of Maryland's program, and has spoken highly of it as well. There are several others out there including University of Cincinnati.

Again, just make sure that it's an accredited program, and remember that the quality of education wherever you go is largely under your control. It's going to be whatever you make of it.

Good luck in your endeavor.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Thread Information