Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Your Fire gear?

Question Your Fire gear?

I was just wondering as there is so much advertising for equipment here if you guys in the states have to buy your own fire gear, as in fire coats, leggings and boots or am i just being an arse?

We do not have to buy our own stuff, But some of us will due to cost$$ For instance my dept. would not spend the extra money for a leather helmet so I had to buy one myself..Other than that we do get issued equipment...It just sucks!!!!!
    Ain't Skeerd
    Half Leather Forever....

Thx mate, yeah it does suck but atleast you get the opertunity to buy better equipment, our helmets are lame but we all have to wear the same so theres no chance of getting something decent " budgets are tight so we get sh**e"

Default Re: Your Fire gear?

Originally posted by cheesy
    I was just wondering as there is so much advertising for equipment here if you guys in the states have to buy your own fire gear, as in fire coats, leggings and boots or am i just being an arse?
    What are leggings? I just keep thinking of those things girls use to wear on their lower legs in the 80's. Reminds me of Flashdance!

'77 arent those like the snow pants we wore as kids >? you know when it was icy it made your own sled ? LOL............and j/k !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Firenresq77 yeah there the very same leggings we wear, but in pink and when any poncy music comes on we have an uncontrollable urge to dance around like fairys! Boy is it done differently over here!

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

When I joined the LFB we were issued black leggings, the purpose was to prevent your trouser from getting covered in crap, but there was no cover for your butt, then we went to "canary Yellow" Over trousers, which had a small "breathing" Hole in the crotch, so our butts still got wet, Last time I was in the UK, I visited my old station and at that time the guys had bunkers similar to ours,in a "Maroon" color. The helmets suck. At that time the Brigade was leasing the gear, dont know if they still do, perhaps Cheesy could answer that.

Yeah we still have that same sick looking maroon colour and yeah the helmets suck it looks like youve got a size 10 helmet on a size one head, boy are they big And yeah the gear is still leased.

What station were you at mate?

Thread Information