Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Question Help Requested: Questions from your Review Board

My Department is starting a hiring process. I am a member of the Review Board and have been for several years. I would like to ask any career or Volunteer Firefighter who went through a review board when they got hired to give me the best question(s) you were asked during your interview. I am wanting to update the questions we ask our applicants. Thank you in advance for your help.
    Last edited by Station2Capt; 02-08-2004 at 12:06 PM.

this should be interesting

I hope to get some good questions from the readers, and yes Jesse some could be interesting. By the way readers if you want to post what your reply to the questions you were asked feel free to do so

No one wanting to respond to this post? I am new to this posting any suggestions on how to get people to respond so I may be able to get some of the information I need.

may take a while

The review board here bases it's questions on the position being filled. A firefighter might be asked questions from FFI & II, an engineer will be asked question that pertain to emergency vehicle driving and operation, a captain will be asked questions regarding tactics, management, etc. The questions change every time, and it's been a long, long time since I went before one.

I'd simply suggest going thru training manuals and trying to locate a question that you like. I'd avoid the obscure questions that don't really have anything to do with what you do....just get some good question to test the knowledge of the person interviewing.

One thing we used to require here was for the applicant to prepare a 5 minute presentation that pertains to the position applied for. I did my F/F presentation on fire service communications (I was a dispatcher at the time ) and my enginner presentation was on how the jet dump system works. Not sure if they still do it here, like I said it's been a long time since I went before one.

Thread Information