Thread: North SCBA?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default North SCBA?

I was on ebay and I almost bid on a North SCBA, because I have never heard of one?

Has anybody heard of such a brand?
    -Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

Forum Member

Exclamation

STAY AWAY FROM NORTH!

My department had North scba for one year. They were the low bid to replace our old Scott 2A's when they were contaminated at a fire.

North SCBA is the most non user friendly unit I have ever encountered. They were constantly freezing up in cold weather, blew O rings like there was no tomorrow and the harnesses were not comfortable to wear for extended periods.

Another fire in a chemical plant contaminated those...and we got Scott 4.5's out of that. Those units have been retired and now we have the new Scott 50's with integrated PASS and buddy breathing.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Had 'em on the Haz mat truck.Like Gonzo says,I wouldn't call them the most user friendly pack I ever used.Hisstorry now,T.C.

Thread Information