Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I only know of some problems with seatbelt pretensioners during extrication (training) with no injuries and of some airbag explosions during vehicle fires.
    Bingo!

That's me- I've cut through a pretensioner in an actual extrication.

It made a bang (reasonably loud- not a a gun shot type loud, though) and a loud hiss. (I'm assuming the propellant??)

In talking with a rescuer in the vehicle at the time who was assisting with in line immobilisatiion of the casualty, it was fairly loud in the car...
    Luke

JorgHeck, thank you for the information on the picture credits. I will add it to my notes.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Dayton

Hello, I was reading the thread and I am doing some training on airbags at our department. I saw the video of the airbag going off on TV recently and emailed the TV station but got no response. Viewing this thread I noticed that there is two videos spoken about where this happened, one of them involved a fire. If anyone knows where I could get a copy of these videos emailed to me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! tsweeney@new.rr.com

Thread Information