Angry Bad press for the FDNY

Is it me or is every article in the paper lately somehow or another letting all the FDNY's dirty laundry out? I think its in poor taste myself. Just seems that every since that new years eve "incident" they have been getting alot of bad press...

MembersZone Subscriber

CB Season

MembersZone Subscriber

It's turned into a witch hunt, pure and simple. How soon the media forgets the sacrifices of 9/11. It's disgusting that they focus on a few negative incidents when there are so many positive stories about the FDNY they should be covering.

CB season?

Early Adopter

It's just that the FDNY has become the flavor of the week. Certainly, the NYE incident got everyone's attention... and with thousands of firefighters and hundred of station houses, there's bound to be plenty of dirty laudry for folks to find.

MembersZone Subscriber

CB season?
    Collective bargaining

MembersZone Subscriber

Hopeful and Kent,

Keep drinking the Kool-aid boys.

I think it is in poor taste to print negative stories about ANY FIRE DEPARTMENT!

Forum Member

Public favor is a big wheel............when your on top its pretty sweet but when you go down the wheel will go over you.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Member

Here we go again, the guy from Maryland is gonna tell us how bad the FDNY is. How much we deserve the bad press. How much he resents the good press from the WTC. How the media is always fair and accurate. How we should quickly turn our back on anyone who makes a mistake ( it might make us look bad if we support our own guys)
    You know what guy, why dont you leave your sheltered little world, come up to NY, and drop in one of the firehouses and let them know how you feel. Im sure the guys would love hear your opinions.

Forum Member

Matty.........I dont see anywhere were tiller said the FDNY sucks and shouldnt defend there own and said that this wasnt trumped up or blown out of proportion? Besides he lives in VA now not MD.

MembersZone Subscriber

MattyJ,

Been there, done that, gave the t-shirt to my little cousin. Most people who don't have thier heads up their posteriors would understand what I am trying to say.

LMB-KMA-GFY

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for pointing that out Jesse, I gotta change my profile.

Forum Member

Look, I dont know how to post quoats and everything, but I know Ive seen comments like that from him on this web site before

MembersZone Subscriber

How much we deserve the bad press.
    Never said it. No department deserves it. All I asked is what made the FDNY so special as to why we should "refrain from passinmg judgement."

How much he resents the good press from the WTC.
    You will never find that quote from me! I stated that since 9-11, alot of people might be reserved in criticism. I never said I resented any good press. You need to stop putting words in my mouth, son.

How the media is always fair and accurate.
    You are delusional, kid. but if you believe that, I got some beach in Arizona for ya. Once again, never said it.

How we should quickly turn our back on anyone who makes a mistake ( it might make us look bad if we support our own guys)
    Once again Buddy, your words. I said that I personally would not support someone who was accused of wrongdoing any further than maybe a "good luck" or " I hope it all works out." I would never lie, cheat,cover-up or take the hit for ANYONE accused of wrongdoing or that did something wrong that I witnessed.

You know what guy, why dont you leave your sheltered little world, come up to NY, and drop in one of the firehouses and let them know how you feel.
    I have visited several times. And aside from taking a few pictures and swapping a patch or two, I keep the politics outof it. If I make a visit to a firehouse when I travel, I talk shop and thats it. There are plenty of short fuses on here for me to ignite without leaving the comfort of my desk.

Im sure the guys would love hear your opinions.
    I am sure they would. And I am sure I could get into a healthy debate with any firefighter from ANY department over the same subject.

Get your facts together before you accuse me of saying things I didn't say. You seem like the type that reads the responses people give me (that are usually as misinformed as yours) instead of reading the original post. And that makes you look really dumb.

MembersZone Subscriber

Arrow

Matty,

This fat-body volly buff isn't worth your time. He is a jealous backstabbing, one-way hairbag who has no clue what he spouts off about. As for short fuses...it appears he has a minor case of tourettes.
    LMB-KMA-GFY
    It is clear by his own comments he will shoot off at the mouth here but he won't say anything in the actuall prescence of any FDNY guys. Figures. Pretty tough for a guy who got all of his salt from training burns, I wouldn't expect anything less. You talk down to alot of people here with your "kid" or "son" or "keep drinking the kool-aid", BS. Sounds like the bitterness of a guy who was always told the same thing because he wouldn't know when to keep his mouth shut.

I am sure they would. And I am sure I could get into a healthy debate with any firefighter from ANY department over the same subject.
    A healthy debate??? Is this what you call a "healthy debate"

Never said it. No department deserves it. All I asked is what made the FDNY so special as to why we should "refrain from passinmg judgement."
    But then again you said......
    Kinda feels sh--ty not to be in the top percentile for non-blemished departments anymore doesn't it?
    Sounds like some bitter volly gloating and rejoicing in someone elses bad press.

and this sounds like the crap that flies around the Explorer/Jr forum....

Gimme a Two-word phrase that starts with "F" and ends with "U?"
    Can be a verb or a noun. Insert it into your brain from me to you tough guy, and have a nice day. And end that with a "G.F.Y." (If you can figure that one out.
    Save yourself the energy in your fingers dude. Arguing with me is like arguing with a brick wall. I will be here until I get banned or you shut up or get angry and ignore me. I won't back down from my position on this issue. What are you gonna do about my opinion? Come down and beat me up?.....LOL (that would be pretty childish)
    All of this sounds like the jealousness and bitterness of a volly buff to me. What is wrong chubby did you fail the physical?

You try to turn every thread into a vollys vs. paid thread but in reality you do nothing to improve anyones impression of vollies.

I'll offer you this advice, keep your mouth shut, you have done nothing to better your credibility here.

You aren't a brother, you are a spineless coward with a weak constitution. You will only stick by a "brother" if it makes you look good...I guess that is how you get elected chief. Your true colors are evident and they aren't pleasant.

PS: Why did you give the shirt to your little cousin, did they not have a XXXL for you at Rescue 1?
    Last edited by FFFRED; 02-10-2004 at 04:47 PM.

Forum Member

Arguing with me is like arguing with a brick wall.
    nuff said.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Thumbs down Look...a mobious strip of crap!!!!!!

Hey FFFRED.......hows the view from that there high horse.

You know its acuteally sad to see two firefighters fighting over a topic they have absolutely no hand in,nothing to do with and will not make better by fighting. Sometimes these threads remind me of a old time barber shop.............

MembersZone Subscriber

Mind your business Jesse

MembersZone Subscriber

stm4710,

No high horse bro, I always remember where I came from. When I was a member of my former depts, (one of them volly, BTW) I never was spiteful, bitter or jealous of other FDs. When I was a member of a suburban FD the Major city FDs nearby had some bad press. Did you remember me in here hurling insults their way. They currently are also getting some bad press in the local papers there...I'm not in here shooting off half cocked about my pleasure in their misfortune.

I worked extreemly hard to get where I am today. If you follow my posts, when someone asks for advice or posses a question to everyone I offer my experience and my opinion. Have I gotten in disagreements before? Yes however most have remained civil as disagreements are expected in a forum such as this.

Never have I without provication spewed foul-mouthed insults and diatribes such as this Two-faced Benedict Arnold.

I am dealing with this guy just as any firefighter I know has or would, you put him in his place. This has everything to do with me...This guy has a problem with my brother then they have issues with me. I imagine(hope) it is the same where you are.

Someone verbaly attacks my brothers or dept I will stand behind my brothers. Period. I would expect you to do the same for yours.

FTM-PTB

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Excuse me..

I hate to interrupt the love-in, but

CB season
    Is it really? That sure could explain the rationale behind some of the press lately. In particular, the story about the disability pension investigation would make a lot more sense.

Forum Member

Default Hey Jesse

Your chair awaits you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Dunno mikey........I think I will take the wise 229's advice and MYOB on this.

Forum Member

Against my better judgement, I'll jump in here ...

I have never met tiller, and probably never will. With that said, if I can try to paraphrase what he is trying to say, in a less heated manner, is similar to what I've tried to say in other posts.
    The frustration comes from when you read "Fire Department XXX gets in trouble for YYY." and everyone jumps all over the department and passes judgement. However, when you insert FDNY into XXX, people automatically say "this can't be true!!!" and so on.

I am not into bashing departments. I think all he is looking for is consistency. If this is not true tiller, please correct me.
    Pretty tough for a guy who got all of his salt from training burns
    ... I don't know from where tiller gets his experience, but I can say that there are plenty of PG County companies who see more fire than many New York City companies, or any other department.

Stay Safe

MembersZone Subscriber

Default I'm with Fred

Fred wrote recently:

It is clear by his own comments he will shoot off at the mouth here but he won't say anything in the actuall prescence of any FDNY guys. Figures. Pretty tough for a guy who got all of his salt from training burns, I wouldn't expect anything less. You talk down to alot of people here with your "kid" or "son" or "keep drinking the kool-aid", BS. Sounds like the bitterness of a guy who was always told the same thing because he wouldn't know when to keep his mouth shut.

I'm with you, Fred. I get a little bit tired of the put-downs and snide comments. There seems to be some real resentment from some quarters in regard to the FDNY. Frankly, it was obvious that some people were just plain gleeful to see the FDNY shown in a bad light. Sad.

Forum Member

Thanks Fred, I knew I read that stuff somewhere.
    Hey Tiller?? You can cry all you want, but everyone gets the idea of how you feel. You can play this game of "thats not exactly what I said!!!!" All you want, anyone who's got a head on their shoulder knows Im not too far off about your opinion.
    Keep calling me son and kid, if it makes you feel tough cause thats all you got. If you got the same personality in person as you do on this web site, I can assure you; you would NEVER make it in a real firehouse. Tell me how much you dont care now, but we all know you do. You got alot to say about a job you know nothing about.

Thread Information