Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default Another Change In The Top Spots

Newsom appoints first woman as SF's chief medical examiner

Bay City News Tuesday, February 10, 2004

San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom's office announced today the promotion of former Assistant Chief Medical Examiner Amy Hart to chief of the city and county Medical Examiner's Office.

Hart is the first Eurasian woman appointed to the office and is one of a number of high-ranking women officials, including the new police and fire chiefs, that the mayor has appointed since he took over in January, according to the mayor's office

Hart will replace retiring Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Boyd Stevens who worked for the city and county for 35 years, the mayor's office reports.

As a board certified forensic pathologist with specialized training in forensic neuropathology, Newsom said he feels confident in Hart's ability to manage the office.

"While serving as the assistant chief medical examiner, Amy distinguished herself as an individual who can deal with the challenges of the office,'' Newsom said.

Francisco Castillo, a Newsom spokesman, said that Hart will assume her position on July 1, with Stevens remaining on staff for a few months to help ease the transition. Copyright 2004 by Bay City News, Inc.
    http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...ner1.DTL<br />
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber ullrichk's Avatar

Default Re: Another Change In The Top Spots

I wonder if Newsom is trying to make a point, or if this is just coincidental. Anyone close have some insight?

A bit off topic, but I got a kick out of this paragraph:

Originally posted by MalahatTwo7

As a board certified forensic pathologist with specialized training in forensic neuropathology, Newsom said he feels confident in Hart's ability to manage the office.

So if Newsom is the "board certified forensic pathologist with specialized training in forensic neuropathology", then why isn't HE the one doing the job of ME instead of Hart?

Just goes to show you can't believe everything you read in the news, especially if it's quoted out of context.

As an afterthought, I guess I ought to clarify my own point by saying that I understood what the journalist was trying to say - even if it didn't come out that way.
    Last edited by ullrichk; 02-11-2004 at 04:03 PM.
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Wow. I, too, wonder if it's just a coincidence (sp) or trying to make a point.........

Then again, I'm wondering if the reporter hasn't written the paragraph badly, intending to say that Hart is the board certified forensic pathologist, with training in forensic neuropathology. With the state of writing in today's newspapers, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was the case!

Pat
    Communications Diva of the IACOJ, and proud member of the WOT!

Bagpipes: They put the fun back in funerals!!

Originally posted by CommDiva
    Then again, I'm wondering if the reporter hasn't written the paragraph badly, intending to say that Hart is the board certified forensic pathologist, with training in forensic neuropathology. With the state of writing in today's newspapers, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was the case!

Pat
    Diva, that is what the reporter was trying to say. He was just taking a couple jabs at the fine reporter......

Need another cup of coffee??

Originally posted by firenresq77

Diva, that is what the reporter was trying to say. He was just taking a couple jabs at the fine reporter......

Need another cup of coffee??

Yeah, an extra large black with 1 sugar, thanks
    Communications Diva of the IACOJ, and proud member of the WOT!

Bagpipes: They put the fun back in funerals!!

Thread Information