Forum Member

Default Personal Rope Bags - RIT Rescue Systems

We're purchasing new 50' "search bags" from RIT Rescue Systems for all of our Scott AP50's, for use as large area search tag lines and bailout bags (until we have enough money to buy FFREDs for all of our packs).

First question: It is my understanding that RIT's bags come designed to mount on the SCBA shoulder strap just above the waist belt. What does everybody with experience with these bags think about mounting them here, or should we have the bags made to mount on the waist belt near the bottle?

Second question: Does anybody use RIT Rescue System's personal "search bags" for use as bailout bags? Do their configuration and design lend themselves well to this application?
    Last edited by FFEMT545; 02-11-2004 at 06:32 PM.

Forum Member

Default Going once, going twice

Ok, let's see if I can get a few more replies here.

Does ANYBODY have ANY kind of experience and/or thoughts on ANY product remotely like these?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default bags

Yes, we have bail out bags attached to our scott paks. They have 35' of 8m rope in them. However we DO NOT use these for large area search ropes. These are only used for bail-out OR fire fighter rescue, civilan rescue, or any other dire emergency!!! These ropes are life lines only.

We carry two large area search ropes. One is 100' for residental and a 250' for commercial use. LASR (large area search ropes) can be set up differently in many ways. Some have knots in them every 10'. One knot at 10' two knots at 20' three at 30' and so on. We attach a tag line then to the trunk line(100' line). This way a ff will know how far in on the line he is.

As for a RIT 2:1 mechanical rope system, We carry 150' of rope for this. Each rescue and engine have a RIT rope bag on them. For any more info on this topic, you should visit rapidintervention.com This site will guide you in the right direction. As for LASR contact Chief Cobbs from Jersey City FD. He has alot of experience in this area.

I would strongly advise you NOT to use your bail-out bags as LASR. These ropes should be of a utility type rope and not an expensive life line.
    Stay Safe and Good Luck with your search!

Forum Member

Does ANYBODY have ANY kind of experience and/or thoughts on ANY product remotely like these?
    I suggest you join us over at http://rapidintervention.com/

Thread Information