Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear Question

Default Gear Question

I think it was last week we ordered 39 sets of bunker gear, I was just wondering how long should we expect to wait for them to arrive?

Thanks
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

I would say within a couple of months.

Temporarily/No Longer Active Cellblock776's Avatar

I'd say that it depends on the vendor and if you bought stock gear right off the shelf or had your crews custom fit along with extras you may have added like the name or ranks of the person who will wear the gear. Sometimes a smaller gear vendor will give more personal service and faster turnaround time than a larger company where you are just a number and could get lost in the shuffle.
    Stay Safe,
    Steve

I think the gear were getting is morning pride. Were having our names and department name on the rear of the jacket, all gear is having a radio pocket and mic clip.

Were also getting the new Scott airpacks, the ones with the strobe lights, and no chest strap, anyone got any experience with them any good and bad opinions about them.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

Forum Member

Generallly 5 to 10 sets of gear takes 6 to 8 weeks if the members are customed measured. If the gear if right off the shelf it is probably quicker. You should receive 39 set in probably 3 to 4 months if they are custom. Hope this helps.

MembersZone Subscriber firefighterbeau's Avatar

depends on the brand your getting, Quaker Safety is currently running about 4-8 weeks depending on how customized the gear is your getting, Fire-Dex is running about 4-6 weeks from what there saying at least. could be longer could be shorter time than that. we ordered out thermal imager and they were saying 5 weeks and it was here in 2.

Thread Information