Default By eliminating fire trucks and snow plows, much money was saved.

IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

Forum Member

ROFLMAO!
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Member

LOL...Thats Awesome..I Could Picture The Boys In Windsor Pullin Sumthin Like That Off...

Forum Member

Thumbs up

That pic was of one of the events at the Muscular Dystrophy Association's annual Ski Race and Muster held at the Wachusett Mountain Ski Area in Princeton, Massachusetts on Thursday, February 12th to raise money for MDA.

To all those who participated...

Great job, Brothers and Sisters!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up Wow..................................

And I thought PG Local 1619's MDA Softball Tournement was something to see...... Great job. Stay Safe....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Talking

There is a similiar event in South Dakota. The major problem seems to be getting the rookies to understand that all members carrying the hose must go by on the same side of the tree.

Stay Safe
    IACOJ

Forum Member

NJ has it's on Friday 2/20. This will be the first time in about 9 years that we will not have a team competing....well, skiing. Can't say we actually are competitive.

Nothing better than seeing a ski slope full of turnout gear.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Thumbs up

The jakes on the left hand side of the pic Dalmatian 90 posted are the members of the Marlborough Fire Department's Ski Muster Team!

The jakes in the yellow lids are from the Worcester FD.

The MFD team was Captain Fred Flynn (Group 3, Engine 1), Firefighter Scott Clemmer (Group 4, Engine 3), Firefighter Dave Gauthier (Group 1, Engine 3) Firefighter Mike Francolini (Group 1, Ladder 2) and a jake "on loan" from the North Reading FD. The fifth MFD team member, Lt. Steve Krysa (Group 3, Engine 3) had to cancel due to an unforeseen circumstance (but we knew he was there in spirit!)

The event consists of two runs... the "midnight run", where the teams have to don their gear, snap into their skis and go down the mountain (the last team member who crosses the line sets the time for the run) and the hoise slalom, where the teams have to ski together holding a hoseline and going through a slalom course.

This was the 8th annual ski muster for MDA.

The MFD team placed 9th in a field of 37 teams.

Over $15,000+ was raised for MDA!
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 02-14-2004 at 11:32 AM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Akron OH FD used to put on an event like that - also an MDA event. We got up a 'team' a few years and had a blast! If you've never skied down a slalom course with 5 firefighters in turnouts all holding onto the same 50' piece of 2 1/2 hose, well, you just should!!!!
    E-4-A
    IAFF 1176

Thread Information