MembersZone Subscriber

Default Lexington, Ky - God Bless

Another senseless tragedy!! Prayers go out to my brothers and sisters in Kentucky.

MembersZone Subscriber

Please, please, please.

Every GSW call, every domestic assault call-MAKE SURE THE PD HAS SECURED THE SCENE!

Forum Member

Rest in Peace Sister.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Lt. Cowan received her Lieut. badge at the Promotion ceremony on Tues., 2.10.2004. She is the first African-American Female Lieutenant in the Lex. Fire Dept.
    Eng 18 is in a remote area of Fayette County. Any help, including additional fire and law enforcement help is a long way off. They responded to a report of a female suffering a GSW to the head as a result of domestic violence. Immediately upon approaching patient,lying in the front yard, the crew came under fire. Lt. Cowan received mortal wounds, F.F. Jim Sanders (former president of IAFF Loc. 526) received GSW to the head. He is reportedly up and walking around in ER of the Univ. of Ky Trauma Center. Third crewmember suffered non-GSW leg injury seeking cover.
    We all know that we are programmed to do something, and I am sure they approached this scene intending to help someone, but the ultimate worst happened. Please be careful.

Forum Member

Lt. Cowan received her Lieut. badge at the Promotion ceremony on Tues., 2.10.2004. She is the first African-American Female Lieutenant in the Lex. Fire Dept.
    Eng 18 is in a remote area of Fayette County. Any help, including additional fire and law enforcement help is a long way off. They responded to a report of a female suffering a GSW to the head as a result of domestic violence. Immediately upon approaching patient,lying in the front yard, the crew came under fire. Lt. Cowan received mortal wounds, F.F. Jim Sanders (former president of IAFF Loc. 526) received GSW to the head. He is reportedly up and walking around in ER of the Univ. of Ky Trauma Center. Third crewmember suffered non-GSW leg injury seeking cover.
    We all know that we are programmed to do something, and I am sure they approached this scene intending to help someone, but the ultimate worst happened. Please be careful.

Forum Member

Rest in Peace Lt. Cowan
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Forum Member

Rest in Peace Sister
    NYS FF1/AEMT-CC
    IAEP Local 152
    "You stopped being in charge when I showed up"

Truckie

Angry

My condolances to the family, friends, and the brother and sisters of Lexington, Ky Fire.
    Rest in peace Lt.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

MembersZone Subscriber

On behalf of the men & women of Washington Twp. Fire Dept. Toledo, OH, I would like to express our condolences to the family of Lt. Brenda Cowen and all of our Brothers and Sisters of the Lexington FD. Rest in peace Sister. We also wish a speedy recovery to those injured.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Brenda, we love you....

Brenda,

I will miss you tremendously.... I will never forget you.. I love you.. Remember 646.... 02-17-1997.... Andy....

Forum Member

Unhappy

My condolences to the family and friends of Lt. Cowan. May she rest in peace and be forever in our hearts and prayers.
    Life is only temporary, but freedom goes on forever. God bless those who gave all.

Rest in Peace Sis.
    If we don't do it nobody else will!!!!

Forum Member

My condolences to the Public Safety Personnel in the Lexington area....Lou rest in peace.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Rest in peace Lt. Cowan. My condolences to the Lexington Fire Department and all of Lt.`Cowan's friends and family.

Let's stay safe out there my Brother's and Sisters.

FyredUp

This was a senseless tragedy that never should have occurred. While I understand that now is not the time to point fingers...WHY IN THE WORLD WERE OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS OUT THERE WITHOUT PD HAVING SECURED THE SCENE?!?!?!

Lou...You shall forever be remembered! Rest In Peace!

God just needed another officer...I guess she fit the criteria :sad:

My condolences to her family and friends....

*Moment of silence* *lights candle*
    LREngine135
    Firefighter/EMT-B

All things I say...while not always making sense are ALWAYS my opinion and only mine. They do not reflect the opinions of any department of which I am a member.

Forum Member

Unhappy

Rest in Peace, Sister...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy

Rest in peace Sister

My deepest condolences to the department in KY. May our sister firefighter rest in peace.
    Last edited by ffbenner; 02-14-2004 at 03:02 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Our hearts, prayers and condolences go out to you. Cibolo VFD TX/SMHCEMS
    R.Gardner TCFP Basic/EMT-P TX
    surge98b@hotmail.com
    SMHC EMS - TX

District Chief

Another sad loss in our brotherhood. My thoughts and prayers are with the family members and the members of the department.

God Bless!
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Forum Member

The funeral for LT. Cowan will be held Wednesday, 2.18.04 at the Consolidated Baptist Church, Russell Cave Rd., Lex. KY. at noon. Visitation will be held Tuesday 2.17.04 from 1700 - 2100 at the church, and 1000 - 1200 hrs. Wednesday morning. A full Fire Department service will be held. Lt. Cowan will be buried after a family service in Madisonville, Ky on Thursday.
    Department wishing to attend please call the Lex. Fire Dept. at 859.231.5600.

Forum Member

thank you very much for the information, I am sorry for your loss.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Rest in peace, sister

May the lord receive you warmly. May he lend his strength and grace to your family, friends, and all whom you have touched. You will not be forgotten.
    "Illigitimi Non Carborundum"

"The views expressed by me are solely my own, and in no way reflect the views of any organization which I belong to."

Forum Member

My sincerest condolences go out to the friends, family, and fellow firefighters of Lt. Cowan.

Lt. Cowan-You were a truly remarkable woman and you will never, ever be forgotten. Rest in Peace, and know that you are now a member of the greatest Fire Department there is.......
    All of the above comments are solely mine and not those of anyone else.

Nobody is ugly after 2 A.M.

Some see the glass as half-empty, some see it as half-full, I just wonder who in the H#$* is drinking my beer!!

Our Sincerest condolences to the family and friends of Lt. Cowan and to the Lexington FD Engine 18 Firefighters. Stay strong Brothers and Sisters, our prayers are with you. From The Volunteer Firefighters of Coffee City, Texas

Thread Information