Thread: NASCAR is Back!

Default NASCAR is Back!

Bit of excitement at daytona... too bad for Roush Racing and Robert Yates Racing... tough break...

He he ha ha ho ho to Mikey....
    I havent failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

- Thomas Edison

And it started off with a bang!!!!!One hell of a race, the best I've seen in awhile anyway...Nice to see ole JR. pull it out though..
    Last edited by MalteseMonster; 02-15-2004 at 07:03 PM.
    Ain't Skeerd
    Half Leather Forever....

Temporarily/No Longer Active

More entertainment for all the Redneck/Racists. Right Kiwi? Yehaww.

Forum Member

Originally posted by Cellblock776
    Never heard of a redneck from New Zeland, new one on me.
    No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

Forum Member

I'm not really a NASCAR fan and I'm wondering what all the excitement is that you all are talking about.
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Forum Member

nevermind, just saw it on yahoo.
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Default Dear Blockhead,

More entertainment for all the Redneck/Racists
    That's funny..I guess you could call me a redneck and I might not get all ****y...But the whole racist thing....IM NOT A RACIST I JUST DISLIKE STUPID PEOPLE..And guess who just got added to the list..Besides, I bet all you do is sit around and watch figure skating...Fu<#ing..PANSY..
    Ain't Skeerd
    Half Leather Forever....

Forum Member

Default ...as the banjo music plays in the background.....

*Groan*......Here we go again....Another season of the Redneck Races! NASCAR: Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks!

This is the time of year that I HATE to work on Sundays- because all that is on the TV's in the Rec Room and the Kitchen is.....You guessed it! A bunch of morons chasing each other in circles for 500 miles! Sorry! I fail to see the attraction! Every sunday during race season is when I polish up the redneck jokes......My personal favorite is walking into the Rec Room, seeing 4 or 5 guys watching a race, and I will just stop, and stare....after a minute I'll say "Hey! I didn't know Hee-Haw was on?"

So the boys got sick and tired of hearing my rantings....They all tried to convince me to go to a race in person.....That it didnt do any justice to what I saw on tv...."Try it once! You'll be hooked!" So they took me to Dover, De. last year.......YAWN! Thank god there were so many hillbilly women to look at (Don't start me on the cousin/cousin or father/daughter jokes....) or I would have died of boredom.....When we left at the end of the race, my bretheren asked me "Well!!!!! WHAD'JA THINK???" I simply answered "I would have rather watched it on tv....." They were dumbfounded......"WHY"???

My answer....."Because I could have changed the channel or turned it OFF!"

So then out came more redneck/race jokes.......And then one bright light among my bretheren said "You know, someday the posse is gonna follow you up the road when you get off shift in the morning....."

My answer....."That's ok....Let the posse follow me....I'll just make a few right-hand turns, they'll get all confused, and won't know what to do!!!!!"

Forum Member

yea for nascar.

Jeff Gordon rules.
    IF YOU FOLLOW ALL OF THE RULES YOU MISS ALL OF THE FUN.

Moose (Post 2028 Vice President/ Command Officer)Explorer Highland Twp. Fire/Rescue Dept.

Any Questions Contact Me At Moose20282@yahoo.com

These Are My Opinions, Not that of My Dept. or Any other Orgnazition I Belong to.

Forum Member

Default I wonder...

How much our Presidents little "fly over" and 1/4 lap cost us, the TAXPAYERS?
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Originally posted by Cellblock776
    You know, your classification of all NASCAR fans as rednecks and racists is every bit as prejudiced as the racists you claim we are. What is racist about watching cars go fast?

And to those of you who hate NASCAR, to each their own, but why clutter up a thread where NASCAR fans do want to yak it up? I hate hockey, golf, and soccer, but I don't go into threads relating to hockey, golf, and soccer and make ignorant statements about their fans or insult the sport to those who love it.

If you don't like NASCAR, fine, but don't post obnoxious crap on this thread and interfere with the fun for those of us who do.

(and p.s., my little request does not necessarily apply to issues not directly related to the sport, like MIKEY's post. I'm only griping about people who insult or make fun of the sport itself.)
    Last edited by EastKyFF; 02-16-2004 at 01:33 PM.
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

I agree with what you said EastKY. Most of the people in the South love NASCAR as well as football. There is a lot of money spent and made around the tracks, so its good for the economy as well!

PS I just wish Bill Elliott had stuck out 1 more full time season.

Jeff Gordon rules.

i agree...

but he just doesnt rule the hair department.

Any hear about that 18 year old Kyle Bush? im looking foward to seeing what he can do...
    I havent failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

- Thomas Edison

Forum Member

I feel sorry for you FWDbuff, it must be awful to have to work at a station where you are the only one who isn't a redneck. How could that many redneck/racists get past the psysche exam. They must have all found "The Study Guide To Pass The Fire Department Examination Process Even Though You Are A Redneck/Racist" Vol.II Keep the faith brother NASCAR only lasts till November

Tony Stewart #20 "Smoke"

Forum Member

Thanks for the compassion, Snowball.....But I just wanted to point out that I am NOT here to accuse anyone of being a racist, I am just trying to have a little fun with the rednecks and hillbillys. I WILL, however, accuse them of sleeping with their sisters, living in trailers, and being slackjawed yocals!

(Just kidding, y'all!)

Forum Member

Hey, leave the rednecks to their nonsense...and let the Yankees get back to more important things; like Roller Derby!
    I despise NASCAR, by the way...but I do like that quarter mile!

MembersZone Subscriber

Dubbya says: Thanks America for the great seat at Daytona
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MembersZone Subscriber

Sitting in my chair, listening to the scanner while the young kids respond

Exclamation Let's get the facts!

1. NASCAR is second only to the NFL in TV viewership.

2. NASCAR teams recruit college engineering graduates to design race cars.

3. NASCAR is a team sport. If a tire changer or carrier makes a mistake and what should be a 15 second pit stop takes 30 seconds, you lose the race.

4. NASCAR fans are very friendly. No fights and everyone stands up and removes their hat for the national anthem.

5. What other sporting event hosts 200,000 paid attendance at a single event?

6. NASCAR is good for the economy. The average fan at a race spends $100 or more just on suveniers. Multiply that by 200,000.

7. NASCAR teams hire fitness experts to provide conditioning for their crews.

8. It's about stratagy. Do you take two tires or four? Do you opt for just a gas and go?

9. Do you have a drafting partner or are you on your own?

10. What other sport allows fans to listen to the discussion between coachs and players live? Does the NFL let you listen to what the coach is telling the quarterback?

And after all the above, I can tell you from personal experience that the weather in Florida is much better than Michigan in February. Also the pilot of Air Force One made one smooth landing.

Stay Safe,

Pete

Pete Sinclair
    Hartford, MI
    IACOJ (Retired Division)

MembersZone Subscriber

Sitting in my chair, listening to the scanner while the young kids respond

Talking Common terms

I'm not speeding, I'm qualifying.

I'm not tailgating, I'm drafting.

Stay safe,

Pete
    Pete Sinclair
    Hartford, MI
    IACOJ (Retired Division)

Forum Member

And now that the Daytona 500 is over, the race is now in town for one of the last few races that will probably be held here, being that they dropped the Fall race. But that means one less weekend of porter-john fires and wrecks for us.

Forum Member

Talking

So making 2000 left turns is a sport? I fail to see the athleticism in it....
    Proud to be an American, Union Firefighter!

So making 2000 left turns is a sport? I fail to see the athleticism in it....
    Which is fine,I will say however there is more to it than that, But if that's the way you fell More power to you..If you want to come in here and state that you don't like it COOL. But for someone to call every NASCAR fan a redneck/racist, Is not just uncalled for it truly shows who the racist is..
    Ain't Skeerd
    Half Leather Forever....

Forum Member

Originally posted by MalteseMonster

Which is fine,I will say however there is more to it than that, But if that's the way you fell More power to you..If you want to come in here and state that you don't like it COOL. But for someone to call every NASCAR fan a redneck/racist, Is not just uncalled for it truly shows who the racist is..
    Hey Maltese Chumpster,
    I am glad I have your approval to have my own opinion. I also take great humbrage that you start grouping me in with others in a generic pool of name callers just because I made a light hearted comment about your beloved NASCAR. You don't know me anymore then I know you so I would appreciate you not quote me and then lump me in with comments about others posts.
    Proud to be an American, Union Firefighter!

FiRes..whatever
    I did not intend for you to take it that way..So if you want to get all ****y about go ahead..I was simply stating that those who do not like the sport are more than welcome to say so..But if you cannot post anything intelligent then **** OFF..Hope you didn't take that too hard..
    Ain't Skeerd
    Half Leather Forever....

Forum Member

I can't remember where I read it, but there was a good article about NASCAR drivers and the abuse their bodies take. It was a good article. Have never been a big NASCAR fan, but I watch it every now and then. Although the Playstation game is pretty good

Thread Information