MembersZone Subscriber

Default haz mat equipment help

Hello, everyone
    We are in the proses of forming a Haz Mat Team; WE have 14 certified Tech's, but no equipment. Can anyone help me find out what equipment should be bought or have a list from there Dept. that you use for clean up, containment, decon...... any leads would be great to jump start are new division. We would be doing hospitals, transfer stations(garbage) ,gas,oils,colleges, local schools, lumber yards....... your local town stuff with a few other twists. Thank you Dean
    deanmc141@hotmail.com

Forum Member

Post Source for Haz Mat Equipment

Since you state your location is out on "The Island", you should be contacting your county coordinator who will in turn contact the Office of Fire Prevention and Control in Albany about getting on their list of teams being formed.
    We here in little Seneca County, half way between Rochester and Syracuse, are in the midst of getting and training on your new State supplied equipment. We have a ways to yet, but we are making great strides with a really good group of people. We have had to apply for a lot of grants, got some, got turned down on others, but we are making do.
    If you have a dedicated group willing to lobby OFPC and your state and federal representives, you should be able to get some equipment and/or funds. Good luck.

I READ YOUR REQUEST FOR HAZMAT EQUIPMENT. I TELL YOU WHAT IF YOU WOULD LIKE HERE IS MY EMAIL ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER. I WILL BE ABLE TO GIVE YOU A INVENTORY LIST AND HELP WITH SOME EQUIPMENT TO BUY.
    JAYE SIMS
    MONMOUTH COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
    FREEHOLD,NJ 07728
    732-431-7465
    JSIMS@CO.MONMOUTH.NJ.US
    CONTACT ME AND HOPEFULLY I WILL BE ABLE TO POINT YOU IN THE WRITE DIRECTION.

Thread Information