Forum Member

Default Air Compressors for in station

Looking to see what departments are using as far as complete air compressor/refill stations in their firehouses. Looking for brands, what all you have, storage, PSI, filters, and upkeep on the unit. Does anyone have much trouble getting the air tested or any problems with air? Any information you can supply would be great. We run a four bottle (6000psi) casecade on the Squad and a two bottle (6000psi) on the truck and because we are running 4.5's it tends to use the air much faster. When we need to fill it, we have to go to the next town over and get it filled there.

Forum Member

we have one at our main station, sorry thats all I can tell you about it.

MembersZone Subscriber

The vol. depts. in my county pitched in along with the city dept. and just bought a new one. It is nice , you can fill 3 cylinders at one time, takes just a few minutes. Don't have any other info right now, but will e-mail it to you ASAP.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

We just purchased a complete Scott compressor and refill station. Ours is a 5000 psi compressor with 4500 psi cascade. The set up is available for 6000 psi.

The compressor is fairly compact and the fill station is the simplest to operate that I have ever seen. If you are interested I can get you more info.

FyredUp

Forum Member

We have a Mako unit. 4 6000psi bottles for storage and a 15hp compressor. 3 fill stations. We spec'd into our bid to have 4 air tests done each year for 10 years. We also spec'd service/maint on it for 5 years. They come in, they test the air, they check the machine, we simply use it. I'll try and email you a set of our specs, at least for reference.

This unit replaced a Bauer system we had. The Bauer was setup for our 2200psi bottles, but we "modified" it to work for the 4500's. It was too small for our needs which is why we replaced it. Loved the Bauer, but absolutely hated the company that serviced it. There was no other service company available, so we went for a different brand. Bauer made it easy on us also as their bid was about $5000 more than the Mako.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Here is my email address for anyone who would like to email their info: oect15@ptd.net

Also Thanks Bones42 for the idea about having the testing set up in the bids. Some are concerned about the liability of the air, if for some reason we would get a bad batch. But if all is taking care of and tested regularly if should be fine, Right?

Thanks

Thread Information