Default ghosts or angels

A couple of my friends and i expierienced something out of this world last night. My 2 friends are members of a neighboring department. They have told me bofore that there department is haunted by one of there past chiefs. They said that sometimes when they are up there they can hear doorknobs inside the building jiggle. And that whenever they hear it they get a call either that night or the next day. Well i didnt really pay this much mind, untill last night. Last night The three of us were up there hanging out after the past chiefs son had just left very aggrivated from not being able to network the computers. So he left after cusrsing up a storm and becoming very aggrivated with himself. So we were sitting in the communications room when all of a sudden the moscade machine kicked on like it was about to type out a report but nothing happend. then i began to hear the door handle jiggle. I didnt say anything and then Gerald stood up and said who is that? He went to the door and came back. he told us someone was starring at him from outside but when he walked up to it, it dissapeared. Well we got the hell out of the staion. Matt called one of his friends who is really into the whole paranormal crap and he came up there. While that guy was on the way we happened to look up on top of the roof and we saw a haze over top of the bunk room only. When the guy arrived on scene he tried to take a picture of the haze, as he was focussing in he saw figure looking down at us. every time he tried to take a picture of it the light in front of the figure which mysteriosly wasnt working would cut on and mess up the focuss. everytime he put the camera down the light would go off. This freaked all of us out. and even though this sounds weird or impossible it happened. i never would have thought this could have happened but it did. i find it hard to beleive 4 people can go crazy at the same time hearing and seeing the same things.

Has anyone ever heard of stuff like this happening?
    Burgess Wills
    Firefighter/EMT
    Windsor Vol. Fire Department
    Chuckatuck Vol. Fire Department

Forum Member

OK after reading that chills went down my back.I'm sure all 4 of you weren't going crazy and maybe you did in fact see a ghost or you saw something.But since I believe in ghosts and the paranormal and all I believe you saw something.
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Temporarily/No Longer Active

Maybe it was leprichans or fairys or even space aliens. PULEESE. Ghosts or angels? Grow up? You probably have the same problem we have at our stations. Mice. Go to the hardware store and get yourself some glue traps.
    But while the thread is still open, what is the difference between a ghost and an angel? Is it that an Angel is a dead person who has gone to heaven, been given a new uniform and a job and is sent on errands? So are ghosts like the homeless, unemployeed of the afterlife? Do ghosts haunt homes and businesses because they can't get a job in the afterlife and can't afford their own place? Is there class envy in the afterlife? Do you ever see ghosts standng on the street corner selling oranges to angels who are on thier way to work? I never could understand the concept of the afterlife. Sounds like alot of strange superstition made up by people to answer questions to which they had no real answer to.
    Well, no disrespect meant.
    Chow,

yea the funny thing is they havent gotten a call yet. we think that john, the ghost, was just really ****ed off at his son. and the description of the figure that the one guy saw on the roof matched the same one that matt almost hit going home. the guy described the figure to matt and it was exactly the same thing. that **** is just weird
    Burgess Wills
    Firefighter/EMT

yea the funny thing is they havent gotten a call yet. we think that john, the ghost, was just really ****ed off at his son. and the description of the figure that the one guy saw on the roof matched the same one that matt almost hit going home. the guy described the figure to matt and it was exactly the same thing. that **** is just weird
    Burgess Wills
    Firefighter/EMT

MembersZone Subscriber

The freakiest thing that has happened to me was one night about a year ago. I was in my bunk when I was awakened by someone moving my bed. Next I hear the bunk next to mine, it sounds like someone is sitting on it. The springs are stretching and pinging. I turn the light on and no one is in the room and the door is closed. The next morning I got up and was telling my crew about it. One of the other guys was awakened when he felt someone trying to push him over in his bunk. He turn around and no one was there. Thinking it was his imagination he turned back around to go back to sleep when he felt it again, only this time he was wide awake. Things like this happen around my station often. The first Captain of the house still walkes through the halls.

Forum Member

One night in January me and drew were backing in to the bay after a call to dewater a basement. It was a about 1 am when we got in. In the bay there is a large pit coverd by a pieice of steel. I was on the top of a truck throwing the a hose over a rafter. Drew heard the door knob from the bay to the sqaud room jiggiling. I thought he was kidding. Well just as I was getting down we heard a loud......very loud banging for about 30 seconds from under the piece of steel covering the pit.............it scared the shiz-nat out of me and drew. Im not sure it was ghost or what but we didnt stay there to long to find out.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Maybe it was leprichans or fairys or even space aliens.

PULEESE. to you reaallly think that leprichans can reach the doorknob???
    I havent failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

- Thomas Edison

MembersZone Subscriber

My squad building is haunted It got to the point where no one likes hanging out there in the middle of hte night when we get a run. Or when we get a run all the lights in the building come on because we're afraid of what we are gonna see. Most of the time we'll hear footsteps, chairs moving in the meeting room, doors opening and closing. The feeling of being watched along with the whole drop in temperature etc...We've taken many pictures throughout the building and have gotten positive evidence of paranormal prescence. We also called in the pro's the So. Jersey Ghost Research Team they came in and did a full investigation. Gave us a good idea of who is still with us but the scary thing about it was there is more than one!! Heres the link to there investigation http://southjerseyghostresearch.org/cases2/03037.html[/URL]
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

Forum Member

Hey, maybe you should...you know..."call these guys?"
    ghosts?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Early Adopter

Question

Our station isn't the that old -- 20 or 25 years -- but has had more ghost/spirit reportings that more historic buildings. It is a comboination facility with a police station, fire station, emergency communications, a (now closed) jail and a courthouse.

> When the jail was open, prisoners would sometimes report seeing a state trooper walk past the cells when there would be no troopers in the building.

> I've personally been in the apparatus bay when the AM/FM radio turned itself on without anyone standing close to it.

> A firefighter once woke up in the bunk room to the sensation that someone was sitting on him and strangling him. He uttered something "in the name of Jesus" and the spirit left.

> At night, other firefighters and myself have heard voices in the bunkroom and restroom. The only other people in the building were in communications -- which is across the building from us. If the voices are from there... we have no idea how they are find their way upstairs and across the building.

Forum Member

A firefighter once woke up in the bunk room to the sensation that someone was sitting on him and strangling him. He uttered something "in the name of Jesus" and the spirit left.
    Man...too bad it doesn't work with children dying of cancer.

Forum Member

A firefighter once woke up in the bunk room to the sensation that someone was sitting on him and strangling him.
    Thats not a ghost........its the town finance committe.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: ghosts or angels

Originally posted by upinflames60
    While that guy was on the way we happened to look up on top of the roof and we saw a haze over top of the bunk room only. When the guy arrived on scene he tried to take a picture of the haze, as he was focussing in he saw figure looking down at us. every time he tried to take a picture of it the light in front of the figure which mysteriosly wasnt working would cut on and mess up the focuss. everytime he put the camera down the light would go off. This freaked all of us out. and even though this sounds weird or impossible it happened. i never would have thought this could have happened but it did. i find it hard to beleive 4 people can go crazy at the same time hearing and seeing the same things.

Has anyone ever heard of stuff like this happening?
    When I was going to college I got stuck on a dorm floor that was famous for its "Haze".

The Haze came from all the friggin pot the tree huggers were smokeing!!!

Yep, people were seeing things on that dorm floor.

Funny mushrooms, yummmy.
    -Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

MembersZone Subscriber

One of those things that made my heart jump into my throat at a fire happened when I was on a BLM helitak crew. We had been dropped off at a small but dirty forest fire early in the day. We dug line around it, mopped up unitl dark, set up camp, ate some beans, and hit the fart sack.

We were DIRTY, I mean just plain black from soot and dirt. And with the smokey smell, our natural armomas (PU) were pretty much covered up. We had our empty rat packs in a small garbage sack next to the smoldering stump hole we has used to heat up the beans.

About 3 in the morning I heard some noise, something digging in the garbadge sack.

I sat up, still in my sleeping bag except for my soot covered face, and there was a very startled coyote looking right at me wide eyed with pork and beans all over his face. He started growling at me (a strange creature with a funny head on a big worms body??? ) while I was still trying to figure out WTF was going on.

My 2 crew mates, aranged like spokes on a wheel, were on the other side of the coyote, we had him surrounded. When the coyote started growling they both sat up like jack in the boxes wondering WTF!

That poor friggin coyote let out a yelp and jumped about 3 feet straight in the air. I didnt even see him hit the ground he was gone so fast.

It of course gave all of use a huge thrill, to much of a thrill at 3 int he morning when you blood is barely circulating!

We couldnt get back to sleep at all, so we got up and continued mopping up the fire. The whole thing was dug up by morning we had so much adrenaline going!
    -Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

So Cellblock, you believe mice are behind all of these stories??? Mice are capable of jiggling doorknobs??

Anyway, I have a short story to add. My dad was a vol. fireman and when I was about 10 years old, their dept had a LODD due to a heart attack. The funeral was on a Saturday and I was with my dad at the station that night. Only the chief, and my dad and I were left and we were all getting ready to leave when the airhorn sounded by itself on the engine the casket was driven to the cemetary on. It sounded for about 20 seconds. I can confirm that there was NO ONE in or around the truck.

Thread Information