MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default Take A Look At Story #2

Busy weekend for firefighters

Times Colonist Monday, February 16, 2004

Victoria firefighters scrambled Saturday night and Sunday morning to put out a rash of small blazes across town.

At 10:15 p.m., fire crews were called to Gonzales beach to put out a driftwood fire.

Two hours later, shortly after midnight, a call came in that a playground slide was on fire at Alexander Park on Fernwood Road. Crews arrived to find the blaze was extinguished by B.C. Ambulance paramedics using a blanket.

At 1:45 a.m., another call came in, this time a report of a gas can fully engulfed in the intersection of Bay and Scott streets. It was quickly extinguished.

Then about an hour later, crews were called to a gas station at Hillside and Cook streets. A woman was fuelling her vehicle when her boyfriend approached with a lit cigarette. Later, after the fire was extinguished, the boyfriend told fire crews: "I've heard how it could happen but you never expect it to light so quickly." There was minor damage to the vehicle and the gas pump. No one was injured.

View Royal fire fighters spent an hour dousing a blaze Sunday night that damaged a townhouse complex at 2951 Craigowan Rd. on Portage Inlet. At press time, the extent of the damage was not known and no injuries were reported.

Copyright 2004 Times Colonist (Victoria)

Funny thing, but I am pretty sure that BCAS carries fire extinguishers, the same as pretty much any other emergency apparatus. Wonder why they would choose to use a blanket?????
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Early Adopter

Default Re: Take A Look At Story #2

Originally posted by MalahatTwo7
    Funny thing, but I am pretty sure that BCAS carries fire extinguishers, the same as pretty much any other emergency apparatus. Wonder why they would choose to use a blanket?????
    I used to be a member of a fire department where using a fire extinguisher was the least popular idea. Hoselines... dirt... blanket... whatever. The extinguisher was the last thing some officers wanted to come off the truck because "they're so expensive to refill."

MembersZone Subscriber

Forget the blanket, how about this gem:

A woman was fuelling her vehicle when her boyfriend approached with a lit cigarette. Later, after the fire was extinguished, the boyfriend told fire crews: "I've heard how it could happen but you never expect it to light so quickly."
    Folks, I think we've got a future Darwin candidate here!

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation Accident that never happened

I witnessed a young woman complete the 3 deadly sins for fueling vehicles the other day.

1. The vehicle was running during refueling.
    2. She had gotten in the vehicle while refueling and then got back out.
    3. As she got out of her vehicle to finish refueling, she made sure not to miss any of her conversation she was having on her cell phone.

Was there any reason that she didn't blow herself and possibly others to hell. I guess it just wasn't her time.
    Lt. D. Gordon
    Greendale Fire Department
    Greendale, IN

Thread Information