Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Anyone Ever See Big Flow

Recently on a fire we had our dept issued a mutual aid call for WFD's Big Flow trailer...Now i figued this would be a small little trailer with a little pump..But when this huge trailer showed up i was quite amazing...These units can push 5000gpm's at 150 PSI ...I was amazed how this machine works and it fills Tankers doing tanker shuttles in no time whatsoever...I was just wondering if anyone else has seen one of thses units in action..Its quite a thing to see

Forum Member

double post..

" i was quite amazing"- I was quite amazed***

Back in 1995, we were down in Florida at the E-One plant for a truck inspection. While there, we watched them run a truck they called "The Liquidator". Looked like a normal pumper with a large deck gun. It was running 10,000gpm. That's a big flow to me for 1 truck.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Damn..10,000 GPM..I was looking @ a PDF site for Big Flow today and it showed some pics of some guys usin a deck gun so thats probably the same type system...I think they are a beautiful thing

got a link for postin ?>
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

http://www.kidde-fire.com/GetFile/57...big%20flow.pdf

Thats where i found it...Its in PDF Form

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

I can't get the link to work.

And 10,000 gpm. Where the hell do you draw that kind of volume from? It must be designed for drafting from lakes, because I doubt there are many municipal systems that could support that kind of flow. Hell, we would drain our entire village reservoir in barely 30 minutes.

I am drooling at the possibilities though.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

mcaldwell, well I have used the ocean as a drafting point before....

I believe the truck was designed for industrial plants. The pump panel was an enclosed top mount. There were 2 6" intakes on each side of the pump.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

ditto on the bad link .............darn ...........we would definetly break some mains in the "old" part of towns !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

I wasn't able to get the link to work either, so I went to www.kidde-fire.com and hit 'Search'. Typed in Big Flow and it took me to a list that included the pdf. Pretty cool
    Once again....the above views are my own and not that of my department. (And probably should not be construed as having any real meaning, whatsoever!)

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

Originally posted by Bones42
    ...well I have used the ocean as a drafting point before....
    After the water evaporated off, that must of left a few salty jakes standing around.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

That link is bad to, mcaldwell.......... I just did it like FieghtingDevil..........

MembersZone Subscriber

5000GPM? 10,000GPM? Don't let the people from my station hear that, I think we have the largest capacity pumper in the state as it is now. 2250GPM Pierce.....Baltimore City may have a 2500GPM pumper, but I am not sure. HWoods, could you Imagine that beast pulling up on a Multiple Alarm?

"Water Supply....ooops, I mean Sewer System Drainer 25 is on the scene!" I could flush toilets in Frederick as soon as I opened the damn Discharge and upped the RPM's....:P

Bones, I think one of those Suckers actually made it up to a refinery in Jersey or Pa. Maybe Camden?

MembersZone Subscriber SamsonFCDES's Avatar

IIRC there are fire boats with 25000 gpm per miunite capacity.

You know where the water is comeing from.

-Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

Thread Information