Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Thumbs down REEDLEY CALIFORNIA

I sure like the way these guys are using the WTC to further THEIR political agenda.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

I lifted this from another website. It does a great job of explaining why the PAC is important. Here in Illinois, The Associated Fire Fighters of Illinois (AFFI) has a strong PAC. I was impressed with the post and thought I would share it.

Evidently, many people within the union do not really know much about it. The I.A.F.F. is the ONLY non-partisan union. The Teamsters, Carpenters, Electricians, UAW all support Democratic candiates exclusively. The I.A.F.F. and, for that matter the A.F.F.I. support those who support us. It doesn't matter what color, creed, height, weight or political affiliation you have. If you have supported the cause of the firefighters, you will get support in kind. In fact, because of the non-partisan nature of the I.A.F.F.'s endorsments, the AFL-CIO has been at odds with our union at times. This union has in the past, and currently supports candidates that are from both parties. Remember that everything you have: your salary, your kelly days, your health insurance, your grievance procedure are ALL attained through collective bargaining. PAC money that goes both downstate and the D.C. doesn't just go to support whatever candidate the union happens to be backing, it also pays people to pour over each and every bill or resolution introduced to the legislature. They examine these bills and their ammendments to ensure that no funny business gets passed that could harm the Union, your rights to collectively bargain or take away some of the beneifts we have all come to enjoy working in a state that mandates such. A few years ago (1996?) persons examining a seemingly innocuous farm assistance bill in the Illinois house came accross a provision in the bill that would have taken away ALL unions right to collective bargaining. These people are paid with PAC $$$. There are reasons that the Union supports the people it does. Is the system in which the Union choses that person perfect? Hell no. I think, along with most people, that the I.A.F.F. should poll all of it's members when it comes to candidate endorsements. Perhaps that is something that should be introduced as a resolution at Convention 2004 in Boston. However, even if that was the case, I think Kerry would still end up the choice for the I.A.F.F. in this election. Either way, you have the choice to vote for who you want, the union can't take that away from you. But remember who fought for you to make the money to butter your bread on your kelly day while your wife sits in a hospital bed and those bill are being taken care of pretty well and your pension continues to grow.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

MembersZone Subscriber

MIKEY, It seems to me that everyone is using the WTC attacks for poliical gain. SO WHAT!? Everytime a Fire Department/Union lobbies for something " to prevent another 9-11" or to "be better prepared for another 9-11" or "Because of the 9-11 Attacks" they are USING THE WTC/9-11 ATTACKS FOR POLITICAL GAIN!

I guess it all boils down to who gains more by using it right? Cause whoever gains the most from exploiting the attacks is going to p--s the guy who gains thleast off.

Bikefire, I went to www.firefightersforkerry.org and tried to post a negative "testimonial" 3 months ago and it went nowhere. It did not get posted. I went to several IAFF local websites and posted the link to the Firefighters for Bush site and they were never posted. So don't give me that "Right Wing Slant" line please. Because Kerry's website does the same exact thing.

E229Lt, Speakling of Lying, let's ask Kerry why he voted for and then against money to protect our soldiers (the real DEFENDERS OF THIS NATION) in Iraq and Afghanistan. I am not saying Bush is the best, but c'mon....a skell like Kerry isn't even qualified to be Mayor of Washington DC! Much less President of the United States. Hell, I mightv'e even voted for Liebermann over Bush, but I would put Marion Barry or Al Sharpton in before Kerry the Ketchup Boy.

From the IAFF:

1. Log On to Oppose Department of Defense Regulations
    The Department of Defense (DoD) is poised to adopt regulations that would severely impair federal fire fighters' collective bargaining rights. The proposed National Security Personnel System would allow the DoD to override any provision in the contract that was not agreed to by bargaining unit members, and also eliminates an impartial body to judge disputes. The IAFF is working to eliminate these regulations. Please log on to www.iaff.org and send a letter to your Senator and Representatives, and urge them to oppose this proposed system. While this attack is directed at our federal brothers and sisters, these proposals are the beginning of a slippery slope that will put all collective bargaining agreements in jeopardy.
    Just another point I thought you should consider when supporting the GOP and their anti-labor agenda.

I do beleive sir that DoD employee's currently do not have collective bargaining. Unless something has changed Federal Government employee's salaries are based on their GS rating, not on an individual union's bargaining ability. I work with several guy's who were once employed by the 440th TAW, this is what I understand from them. So in my opinion that would be spin by my special interest group to garner political gain.

MembersZone Subscriber

They have some sort of CB. Most Federal Workers do. I have $$$ deducted for some union out of each paycheck, but I have been told by employees who have attempted to have the union help them in one way or another not to bother with them. They always tell me OPM sets all of our pay and benefits and that the union is basically a social club.

Try this website www.iaff260.org and see what they do for their boys. A bunch of my buddies work for the Department of the Navy FD in Washington DC and they are all members of this union. I think the site outlines what they do for the rank and file.

If that link does not work, try www.iaff260.com

While this attack is directed at our federal brothers and sisters, these proposals are the beginning of a slippery slope that will put all collective bargaining agreements in jeopardy.
    This was the point!

Forum Member

John F. Kerry is another Robin Hood isn't he? (rob from the rich and give to the poor) medical for everyone, more money for no child left behind, union people, fireman, teachers, student grants, the inviroment, tax breaks for companys that don't send their jobs out of the country ect ect ect ect .. Looks like John F. Kerry could be our savior..

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiheral...ion/8245421.htm

SB (Local 1355 retired)

Thumbs up Hay the Bush and Kerry camps are still talking about us...

WASHINGTON - Ex-police commissioner and President Bush loyalist Bernard Kerik took a huge swipe at Sen. John Kerry yesterday, suggesting another 9/11 attack is more likely if the Democrat wins the White House.Calling his biggest fear "another terrorist attack," Kerik told the Daily News, "If you put Sen. Kerry in the White House, I think you are going to see that happen ... and I don't want to see another Sept. 11."He pointed to Kerry's votes to cut intelligence budgets and against spending another $87 billion on Iraq without curbing tax cuts.After a Bush-Cheney campaign official was asked if Kerik's assertion reflected the campaign's position, Kerik called The News back to clarify his comments."If there's another terrorist attack, I don't want John Kerry in the White House," he said, adding he was simply trying to distinguish between Bush and Kerry.The subtext of Bush's campaign has been that he would keep the country safer than Kerry would, but none of his surrogates has gone so far as to say electing Kerry would bring on attacks.Kerik's comment came as he and former Fire Commissioner Thomas Von Essen announced the formation of the "Bush-Cheney '04 National First Responders Leadership Team." Appearing in Pennsylvania surrounded by cops and firefighters, they touted Bush's homeland security push.An irate Kerry camp fired back, detailing Bush's alleged broken promises to first responders, as well as Kerry's votes in support of cops, firefighters, the military and the intelligence communities."John Kerry is a decorated war hero," said Phil Singer, a Kerry spokesman. "He's already put himself in harm's way on behalf of his country. They have no credibility to launch these political attacks."The Bush camp's panel is designed to counter firefighters unions that are "giving the impression that every firefighter and cop in the country are with Kerry," said a Bush campaign source.A poll out yesterday said two of three Americans believe another terrorist attack is at least "somewhat likely" before the election.

As an IAFF member my SPECIAL INTEREST is being addressed on a National level.Thats why I am a FirePac member.
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Default something to think about...

WE are all in agreement that a review of what happened leading up to 9/11 is important for many reasons. As families and friends of loved ones killed by the terrorists that day, we want to know if 9/11 realistically could have been prevented, whether justice is being brought to those behind this attack, and, most important, that our government is taking the right action to stop future attacks.
    A meaningful review as to what happened on 9/11 and the aftermath can only happen if it is truly nonpartisan. Unfortunately, this week much of the non-partisanship was taken from us when Richard Clarke, the former White House counterterrorism advisor, decided to use his testimony before the 9/11 Commission to showcase the release of his tell-all book.
    In the immediate aftermath of 9/11, there was an overwhelming outpouring of support from all corners of America. New Yorkers, non-New Yorkers, Democrats, Republicans - none of that mattered. We were all joined together as a country to share our grief over what the terrorists did to America that day.
    Of course, even then, a small number of individuals tried to take advantage of the situation and emotions exposed by 9/11, from looters of shops destroyed in the attack to those who filed bogus insurance claims. We realized then that the likelihood of exploitation would only increase as the distance of time began to separate us from that horrible day.
    It was very disturbing, then, to learn that Mr. Clarke would be releasing his book immediately before his scheduled public testimony before the 9/11 Commission.
    We are well aware that the friends and family members of those killed in 9/11 do not speak with a single voice on all issues. Nonetheless, the notion of profiteering from anything associated with 9/11 is particularly offensive to all of us.
    We find Mr. Clarke's actions all the more offensive especially considering the fact that there was always a high possibility that the 9/11 Commission could be used for political gain, especially now, with the presidential election less than eight months away.
    Surely, Mr. Clarke knew this. Yet he decided to risk the actual and perceived impartiality of this important process to maximize book sales.
    As family and friends of those killed on 9/11, we believe it inappropriate for Mr. Clarke to profit from and politicize 9/11, and further divide America, by his testimony before the 9/11 Commission.
    Indeed, we are now seeing some partisans more interested in somehow laying blame for 9/11 at the feet of President Bush - even though what we heard from both Bush and Clinton administration officials confirms what we already believed: that while al Qaeda was a known threat, no one could have known that 19 terrorists already in the United States would hijack domestic aircraft and fly them in to the World Trade Center and Pentagon.
    Had there been real evidence, "actionable" or otherwise, that this was being planned, we believe that President Bush, President Clinton - indeed, any president of the United States - would have done everything possible to prevent it.
    In the immediate aftermath of 9/11, it was President Bush who helped unite America and guide us through that devastating time. Since 9/11, he has taken the fight to the terrorists abroad. He recognizes that America is at war and has made the difficult choices necessary to destroy the terrorists and confront those who harbor them.
    Despite Mr. Clarke, we are hopeful that the 9/11 Commission will be able to continue its investigation in a nonpartisan way. More important, we must never lose sight of the fact that the attacks of 9/11 were perpetrated on this country by foreign terrorists committed to destroying our way of life.
    In the end, we will be judged on whether we successfully continue pursuing the ongoing war on terror so that we never again face another 9/11.

Sincerely,

Jim Boyle (father of Michael Boyle, FDNY)

Madeline Bergen (wife of John Bergen, FDNY)

Rosemary Cain (mother of George Cain, FDNY)

Carol & Vincent Coakley (parents of Steve Coakley, FDNY)

Marie Corrigan (wife of Jim Corrrigan, FDNY)

Susan Cronin (sister of Thomas Strada, Cantor Fitzgerald)

Chris & Lisa Della Pietra (brother and sister of Joseph Della Pietra, Cantor Fitzgerald)

Sandra Della Pietra (mother of Joseph Della Pietra)

Sam & Rose Esposito (parents of Michael Esposito, FDNY)

Joe & Sal Esposito (brothers of Michael Esposito, FDNY, and cousins of Frank Esposito, FDNY)

Tom & Patricia Farragher (brother-in-law and sister of FDNY Capt. Walter Hynes)

Barbara Haskell (wife of Tom Haskell, FDNY)

Dawn Haskell Carbone (sister of Tom and Tim Haskell, FDNY)

Maureen Haskell (mother of Tom and Tim Haskell)

Ken Haskell (brother of Tom and Tim Haskell)

Frank Haskell (cousin of Tom and Tim Haskell)

Paulette & Joseph J. Hasson, Jr. (parents of Joe Hasson, Cantor Fitzgerald)

Virginia Hayes (wife of Phil Hayes, FDNY ret.)

Bernie Heeran (father of Charles Heeran, Cantor Fitzgerald)

Mike Heffernan (brother of John Heffernan, FDNY)

Arlene Howard (mother of George Howard, Port Authority PD)

Jennifer Iannotti (sister of Thomas Strada)

John Leavy (father of Neil Leavy, FDNY)

The McAleese family (family of Brian McAleese, FDNY)

Bart Mitchell (father-in-law of Ronnie Bucca, FDNY)

Richard & Terry Otten (parents of Michael Otten, FDNY)

Frank Siller (brother of Stephen Siller, FDNY)

Ernest & Mary Ann Strada (parents of Thomas Strada)

Terry Strada (wife of Thomas Strada)

Joseph & Michael Strada (brothers of Thomas Strada)

Ed Sweeney (father of Brian Sweeney, FDNY)

John & Janet Vigiano (parents of Joseph Vigiano, NYPD, and John Vigiano, FDNY)
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Forum Member

E40FDNYL35.. i agree 100% and will add "Its people like Teddy Kennedy we don't need in this country"
    SB (Local 1355 retired)

MembersZone Subscriber

Default firefighter184

Here you go man.....have at it. I think you are right. Kerry is the Most Liberal Senator, we don't need him leading this country into the hands of the United Nations....
    Proud Right-Wing Extremist since 1992

"Extreme Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"- Michael Savage

Somebody said that Kerry is like Robin Hood (rob the rich give to the poor), blah blah blah.

Guess what! I make a lot of money (75K plus a year). Who the blankety blank does Kerry (or the rest of the liberals) think they are trying to take my money that I earned and give it to the poor?

I guess what the pro-Kerry union guy is saying is that as long as the guy supports firefighters, every other thing he screws up doesn't matter?

NEWS FLASH!!!
    How much will you enjoy your Kerry supplied "benefits" when the country has become a moral and economic cesspool modeled after France?

Big Picture people!!!
    Yup, I'm going to hell.
    BUT, I'll be draggin a 2 1/2 with a smoothbore, so when the rest of you get there, make sure yer carryin overhaul tools. And bring me some more smokes...

Originally posted by E40FDNYL35
    [B]But as an FDNY member Bush left us flat.

I would say Millionare Mike and "Mr. Mague" Scoppetta left us flat...not Pres Bush....Its our own leadership at the City level...Not the Executive at the federal level.

I saw a short news clip last night showing some FD members (in their yellow shirts?) talking with Bloomberg outside a meeting about their contract. Seemed like each side was so busy blasting each other, neither would listen to what the other had to say. Tis a shame.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Thread Information