Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Violent Collision

My department was dispatched to a MVA on the highway about 2 miles north of town. Initial reports were that it was a head-on collision. The next update stated that one of the drivers had knee and elbow pain........no word on the other vehicle.

Then a county deputy arrived on scene. You could tell by his voice that it wasn't "pretty". In his own words........"Oh god, we've got a mess here".

It was a high speed semi vs. pickup. The pickup was passing a car and collided with the semi.

As you will see in the picture, the entire front end of the pickup, the fender, hood, driver's door and part of the boxside were torn off in the crash.

The highway looked like the scene of a bad Indy car crash. There were pieces everywhere for 50 yards.

MembersZone Subscriber

try this again
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by FireDiver111; 02-17-2004 at 10:33 AM.

That was a bad crash. I have worked so many that I couldn't tell you how many. I hope that the driver wasn't a firefighter.

As long as the vehicles can go up and down the highways either slow or fast, accidents will happen.

When you are working a mva, keep your eyes open and be aware of every thing around you. Never think the driver of a passing vehicle will be focus and will go by the scene with out looking. That vehicle may veer of the road and be part of the first accident.

Stay Safe & Well out there....

OW!
    Luke

That had to hurt!!!!!!!!!

aint been to one of those in awhiile ...............I am guessing it killed someone ?>
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

If that accident had happened in our district everyone would have been out walking and signed AMA..........

Forum Member

My department was called out on a similar call. Except 3 semi's and 1 pickup pulling a 20-25 foot goose neck trailer. The pick up lost control on ice hitting driver side to driver side semi #1 who tried to take the ditch to avoid the pickup . Semi #3 was traveling with semi #1 and the driver had stopped and gotten out to help his buddy. Semi #2 was traveling the same direction as the pickup and could not stop, hitting the pickup and pushing it into semi #3 luckily the driver of #3 was infront of his rig and could run into the ditch to escape the debris and collision. The pickup debris was at least 150 yards long and about 30 yards wide. Yes there was fatalities.

Thread Information