Forum Member

Default Scott SCBA Pricing???

Going to a grant meeting tonight. Looking for a guestimate on the following....

Qty 12-16

Per set
    NxG2 Standard
    2 composite 30 minute bottles
    Pak Alert
    Buddy Breathing
    Neck Strap
    Facepiece Bag
    Chest Strap

Thanks for any help - just need a gustimate for now.

Forum Member

Can't tell you much about Scott, but we get MSA MMR Extreems equiped like your request but with voice amp for around $3,000. Check out the Scott Health and Safety website and find the sales office for your area and call them, they will help you. I think that when we quoted NXG2s they were around $2,800 without spare tank or voice amp.

Forum Member

I've contacted the rep and have a price coming (probably be a few days though). Just looking for an idea for tonight's meeting. Trying to come up with a spending budget for this year and needed a good guess.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

OakLevel...

A few questions for you. We just purchased on 2003 grant money new Scott AP50's.

1) What psi cylinders? 2216 or 4500?
    2) Buddy breathing? The tank to tank equalization set-up or the RIT set-up? They are different in nature and operation.

Our AP50's came with the built in PASS, SEMS, voice amps, 2216 Carbon bottles, AV3000 face pieces and the RIT connection. They were quoted on a competitve bid at $3158.19. They listed at $5013.00. Spare 2216 carbon bottles listed at $847 each.

I know the NxG2's are more expensive than the AP50's as well as the bottles costing more also. Nothing other than face pieces from older Scott Air-paks will work on the NxG2.

Hope this helps.

FyredUp
    Last edited by FyredUp; 02-18-2004 at 03:29 PM.

Forum Member

Buddy Breathing is I guess what you refer to as the tank to tank equalization setup (Scott refers to it as " A combined dual EBSS/Airline option affords users mobility while not exposing the recipient or donor to ambient air")

Cylinder PSI would be 2216

Thanks for info!

Forum Member

You will probly be looking at around $4000-$4500 each for the NxG2(with voice amp,pass and radio) about $3000 to $3500 for the AP50 (Again voice amp, pass and Radio) . We just bought 12 new ISI Viking Stealths (Voice Amp,Pass and Radio connect) about $3500 with second tank thrown in. We bid Scotts, MSA, Drager, CairnsAir and ISI. They were all bid 2216 PSI fiber tanks.
    Last edited by mjollnir; 02-18-2004 at 05:39 PM.

Forum Member

Air pak 50 with dual ebss, cbrn regulator, pak alert, and 60 minute carbonfiber cylinder is $ 4089.00 spare cylinder is $ 956.25 ordered 29 sets yesterday.

Forum Member

Lightbulb

Why don't you get a budgetary price quote from you local fire equipment dealer. I know that you are close to South Boston, so give Jack Slagle a call and get a price for what you want.

If your department is going to purchase new scba's, be sure that the cyclinders are inter changable with the departments around you.

Get everything that you need. NIOSH, OHSA and NFPA has standards and regulations on what is suppose to be on new scba units.

You may also want to look at other brands in your search. See what the other departments around you are using. Get their input. Do they like them or not? What kind of problems have they had? How about maintenance problems? Who will work on them? Will they have to be shipped off or taken some where to be PMI'ed? A lot to think about when you are going to spend something around $2500 to $3000 per unit..

Good luck.

Stay Safe & Well out there....

MembersZone Subscriber

Try FireBrand in Cheasapeak, VA. They carry Scott and will get you a price. We just got them to quote 2 for us. Also Action Fire & Safety in Charlotte. E-mail me and I will pass numbers along. Slagle's doesn't carry Scott anymore.
    "Illegitimis non carborundum."

- Gen. Joseph Stilwell
    (Lat., "Don't let the *~#%&S grind you down.")

Forum Member

And unless the Depts around you have NGX you'll be SOL 'cause the bottles are NOT interchangeable with anyone elses including the AP 50.I may be old fashioned but I don't mind time tested technology,particularly when it comes down to my clean air supply.T.C.

MembersZone Subscriber

Check out www.gsaadvantage.gov search on Scott SCBA

Fed govt contract pricing for Scott Air-Pak Fifty Note: no contract yet on NxG2.
    Last edited by neiowa; 08-14-2004 at 01:17 PM.

Forum Member

I don't know about ya'll but we haven't had much luck with Slagle's since Jack got out of it a little. Barry just is not as good to work with.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs down NXG2's Junk!!!!!

NXG2's are junk. Ours are in the repair shop more than they are on the rigs.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by corinth408 View Post
    I don't know about ya'll but we haven't had much luck with Slagle's since Jack got out of it a little. Barry just is not as good to work with.
    Jack gave us a tour of the place before they hooked me up with Leather boots and hooked my department up with a mini-pumper so I have nothing but good things to say about the place. Barry is a good guy. He's just a business man.
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

Forum Member

We purchased (4) 100' sections of 1 3/4 hose from them a few years back. First time we pull the hose off the truck one section has a leak at about 75 foot. So we send it back to them, their fix was to cut it a 75' put the end back on and send it back not telling anyone what they did. Not exactly good customer support. And this is only a year after buying a 200,000 dollar pumper from them and years of other business from them before that.

Thread Information