Forum Member

Default anyone else running thier butts off?

had a big one yesterday here....tones went out at 3:15PM.......left the scene at 9PM.....took extra care to get it all out...was tough with the former bow string truss roof.....none the less got a rekindle call at 3:30am this moring....then had another 4 tone outs today.....can we stop runnin yet?......... http://www.mariondaily.com

Forum Member

what I wouldnt do for a day like that !!!!!!! been kinda quiet here ......anyone else ?
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

well it is 9:00Pm thursday night......since 11:00AM wed. morning we have had 9 tone outs....had one more about 2 hours ago....rather unusual.......alot of field fires since everything is drying out here and been windy.....supposed to have rain tomorrow but does not look to promising now

MembersZone Subscriber

DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

I shouldn't say this, but it's been too quiet here. Haven't even had a 1st Responder call for a week and a half. I did hear a lot of other depts. going out on field fires yesterday.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Forum Member

we got rain here .......and I went on 2 calls today and see we are at #34 for the month even though it hasnt seemed like it.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber
    finally getting ready to start the new station

We just had our first ambulance call since the 10th. Had a girl silde on the icy road and hit a guard rail. Her only injury was a broken bra strap.(No we didn't do a strip and flip-her aunt was there)
    Every silver lining's got a touch of grey...I wiilll get by....

Proud to be IACOJ Flatlander Division

GFDSlappyRob
    Firehouse.com Guest

Yeah our immediate are has ran their butts off. We had 1st level box, and 2 general alarms in December. We had 2 or 3 general alarms in January. So far this month we went to a 2nd level box in Elburn, had a house explode, a prestiege men's clothing store almost go up, and a fatal fire that we went to in St.Charles. Yeah I huess we are busy.

Forum Member

we are still runnin.....up to 13 calls since wednesday.....

MembersZone Subscriber

2160:
    You tryin' to make the others jealous?
    You're just going to get them all worked up.
    Hey; can Les come over and run the radio for you?
    Last call we had here was a slip and trip.
    Old Man Winter has been good to us again.
    My heart goes out to the snowmobilers, the snowplowers and the tow truckers.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

A call? Whats that??? It has been quite some time since we had any sort of fire or rescue call... First Responder calls have been few and far between also.

Forum Member

LOL@ Reason......i dunno if I would call it jealous......just got home from a mutual aid call with Marion......they had 2 barns go up at 2:30 this morning.....one barn had 2 HUGE motor homes in it....the other had hay and horses....horses got out ok......was just beyond where they have hydrants.......we estimated that we shuttled 40,000 gallons of water.......I am ready for a break.....have a mod B state test tonight and 2 tests from classes Tuesday night.......and I need some sleep....never the less work calls LOL........hard to belive we do this for free.......nope I am not complaining a bit.......what is done from the heart needs no pay......sorry to make some guys jealous....but feel free to come help.....especially cleanin hose LOL

2160 out

MembersZone Subscriber

Default I knew I shouldn't have said it

A couple days ago I made a remark that we haven't been doing anything. Finally got a call this morning about 7:30. Breakfast time. Natural gas leak at the Ashley Grade School, they're evacuating the building. Since I've got a 10 min. drive there, I called dispatch and asked if Illinos Power was coming, they said yes. I heard our first engine go out and arrive. They initially didn't find anything. The school's first choice to take the kids wasn't available so about 100 of them ended up at our station. I got to the schoolthe same time as the gas man. Nobody found anything, didn't smell anything. Then we got to talk to the lady that said she smelled gas and heard the gas meter running. A little later I smelled what she smelled. A skunk.
    At least we found out our pagers still worked.
    2160, you're apparently not on the Marion city dept. Which one?
    Last edited by jboczek; 02-23-2004 at 01:36 PM.
    Jack Boczek, Chief

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Forum Member

I am on Williamson County Fire Protection Dist.......we cover about 300 square miles or so I belive....all rual of course so tanking water is nothing new to us.....back in october we did practice for our ISO and pumped 1200 gpm for 2 hours straight.....took alot of workin tankin it all but we got it done......I did a think back tally today I think since 11:00am wednesday we have run 16 calls i belive....kinda lost track LOL.......in ashley you are not too far away......you are just west of Mt Vernon correct?

MembersZone Subscriber

2160, I figured out who you were with after I read your post in the interest free loan thread. You guys do cover a lot of ground and a lot of "junk" ground, too. I don't think I'd trade our district for yours.
    We cover the SE part of Washington County (12mi. X 6 mi.) and about a 12mi. X 2 mi. strip in Western Jefferson County. Adds up to about 94 sq. miles, 4 small towns, 12 mi. of RR (remember the Tamaroa train wreck - the train was headed for us and didn't quite make it) and 8 miles of interstate.
    The gas leak was our first call in over 2 weeks. Hope it stays like that.
    Jack Boczek, Chief

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Forum Member

yea our roads we travel leave alot to be desired...many times it is hard to just pass tankers by each other to get to dry hydrants.....but some how we always manage to get the job done.....I can imgine you would not trade that area LOL....glad to see the gas leak was not the dangerous natural type

Thread Information