Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Pump panel simulator

Has anyone built a pump panel simulator to train or test pump operators? We are looking for a simulator that is a true pump panel but doesn't actually use water.
    Lt. Dan

MembersZone Subscriber ullrichk's Avatar

The Tennessee State Fire School used to have a series of pump simulators that were essentially analog computers. Real gauge faces, throttle verniers and valve handles were attached to rheostats, but beyond that I couldn't tell you how they worked. As I recall they were "store bought" and not homebuilt.

I don't know if they kept them after they moved into their new facility, but you might give them a call.
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Default Yes....Indeed there is

I am currently in college earning my Associates' Degree in Fire Science. I took Fire Hydraulics last year and we worked with a computer fire pump simulator that was extremely realistic. I am unable to think of the name right off the top of my head. I will however ask my instructor monday in class and get back to you.
    LREngine135
    Firefighter/EMT-B

All things I say...while not always making sense are ALWAYS my opinion and only mine. They do not reflect the opinions of any department of which I am a member.

Lightbulb

Lt. Dan

Contact FRC Fire Research www.fireresearch.com

or 800-645-0074.

They made the three analog simulators we bought in the 1980's. They still work very good. I would think that they may have computer driven ones now.

Can't hurt to inquired with them. They are the only ones that I know that makes such things.

Good Luck.

Stay Safe & Well out there....
    Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 02-23-2004 at 02:34 PM.

Thread Information