Thread: Mayor Fiddy?

IACOJ Agitator

Question Mayor Fiddy?

Rapper May Be Hearing Siren Song Of Town Politics
    February 21, 2004
    By DAVID OWENS, Courant Staff Writer

FARMINGTON -- As if getting shot nine times weren't enough, rapper 50 Cent is now thinking about enduring a different kind of pain - local politics.

Farmington's newest celebrity mansion owner, whose real name is Curtis James Jackson III, reportedly is interested in running for elective office in town.

"The former crack dealer has decided that if he's going to live in Farmington ... he may as well get involved in running it, too," reports The Elements, an online hip-hop publication.

Local leaders are game.

"Anybody who pays $57,000 in property taxes is certainly welcome to have a say in what's going on," said Democratic Councilman Robert DiPietro.

"If Arnold can do it, why can't 50?" the rapper reportedly asked, referring to California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Neither 50 Cent nor a spokesman could be reached for comment and did not appear to be at the house Friday.

Last September, the rapper paid $4.1 million to boxer Mike Tyson's ex-wife for the 52,000-square-foot Farmington mansion on 17 acres off Poplar Hill Road. The house has 25 bathrooms, 14 half-baths, several kitchens, at least 18 bedrooms, a movie theater, workout room, two billiard rooms, servants' quarters and a boathouse. The house was built in 1987 by convicted Colonial Realty swindler Benjamin Sisti.

Should 50 Cent decide to seek a seat on the town council, he's got some time. Municipal elections aren't scheduled until November 2005. He'll also need to complete a few preliminary steps, such as registering to vote in Farmington.

And unless the rapper plans to run as a petitioning candidate, he'll have to be nominated by the Republicans or Democrats.

Republican Councilman William A. Wadsworth said that although he's not aware of 50 Cent's approaching the town committee, Republicans would welcome him. "We certainly have opportunities for all residents of the town of Farmington to participate," he said.

DiPietro said he'd love to sit down with 50 Cent to talk about opportunities to serve, and he invited the rapper to a Democratic town committee meeting. "If he's serious, then we're serious," DiPietro said. "It's public service."

A 50 Cent candidacy would generate lots of interest in local politics among the town's young people, Wadsworth said.

"And I would think attendance at our council meetings would be improved quite a bit," he said.

The rapper has sold millions of albums, has performed more than 400 shows in the past 18 months and was nominated for five Grammy awards this year. His multiplatinum album is "Get Rich or Die Tryin.'"

Security might be an issue, though. 50 Cent, an orphan with a long rap sheet, was shot nine times in April 2000 outside his grandmother's house in Jamaica, Queens.

Now he often wears a bulletproof vest during concerts.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Forum Member

I think this has left me speechless..........

MembersZone Subscriber

50 Cent for Prez!

The military will be modified to tour around in low rider Cadillac Escalades with 75 inch wheels, popping caps in Al Quada.

His presidental campaign will run on the "Keepin it Real" platform, and his running mate will be Snoop Dog. Obviously legalized pot will quickly follow.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member

Could he say that he didn't inhale??????????

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

Ain't it great to live in a FREE country?!!

More power to him if he can pull it off.
    Lt. D. Gordon
    Greendale Fire Department
    Greendale, IN

Forum Member

As 50 would say....

G-UNIT
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Forum Member

My dogs have better qualifications!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

The house has 25 bathrooms, 14 half-baths,
    Anyone else think Mike Tyson had a diarrhea problem?
    The house was built in 1987 by convicted Colonial Realty swindler Benjamin Sisti.
    "Hey G those smoke detectors dus be painted on da cieling yo!"

As if getting shot nine times weren't enough, rapper 50 Cent is now thinking about enduring a different kind of pain - local politics
    I dont care what ya say about me,ya cant get a dolla out of me cauase im the mother f&%_$in M-A-Y-O-R .
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Would we still be able to find him "IN DA CLUB"????
    Ain't Skeerd
    Half Leather Forever....

MembersZone Subscriber

This is by far one of the most idiotic things I have seen. Is this town near a large city? Where is it?

If you are a convicted felon you should no longer be eligible to run for public office in any capacity. What the hell is this Country coming to? Yeah, I am sure Mayor Fiddy would make a nice addition to Farmington, if they had a correctional facility.

Welcome to Farmin-shizzle-ton. The nations Fizzle Diddiest Town, fo shizzle. Come on down and get the Bling-bling wit Maya Fiddy and da rest of the Shizzle down crew.

Town Meeting at 6 pee emm erry Third Wensdeey. Bring yo own Forty.

what a Joke the Entertainment Industry is becoming.

Default Tillerman

You live in Va. Ummm wasn't it the Mayor of D.C. that was busted for crack and then regained office. Wow what a short memory we all have.

Forum Member

The District of Columbia is a unique political "animal". The vast majority of it's population is a minority (now isn't that an oxymoron!). The powers that be continue to put their own people down, saying that they are second class citizens and that by electing them, they will empower them....

The last time I looked on a map, Virginia is not DC, and neither is Maryland....
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

The powers that be continue to put their own people down, saying that they are second class citizens and that by electing them, they will empower them....
    When did Donna move to DC?
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Captain, thanks for clarifying that for the gentleman.

Yeah, some of us that live in Maryland and Virginia that commute via the Beltway call our commute "Circling the Toilet!" The "Beltway"(for some that don't know) is Interstate 95/495 that circles Washington D.C.

The District of Columbia is a toilet for many reasons, a few being:

1) The only industry is the Federal Government. It's not like a traditional city that has factories and shipping ports (The Potomac is one of the Most shallow rivers in the area, nice to look at, but not nice to boat) people who live there, in general, work either for the Federal Government, the Local Government or Private Corporations, Law Firms etc. These are high end jobs that are usually taken by non-city residents.

2) Failing School system. The DC Public Schools are some of the worst in the Nation. I think the dropout rate is up over 20%. What motivation do you have to go to school if dudes are in there poppin' caps?

3) Congressional Rule. The Local government cannot make large scale decisions for the city. Anything Major that happens to DC, goes through Congress. DC citizens have no representation in the Senate. They have the slogan on their License Plates that says "Taxation without Representation" to show their protest to not having a Senator. They have a Congresswomanr, Eleanor Holmes Norton(D) and Jesse Jackson was the "Shadow" Senator for years. He had no vote in the Senate though. Jackson has a home near Howard University in Northwest DC.

4) Urban renewal and gentrification. Older,traditionally bad neighborhoods are being transformed into Yuppie Meccas by young Liberals and a growing Homosexual Population in the city. They buy old Brownstone rowhomes and renovate them. The dispalced people form the old neighborhood usually spill into Maryland with public housing Vouchers, which is one of the big reasons for the degredation of P.G. County inside the Beltway.

5) The city has a gang problem. With no industry, no High School Diplomas and nowhere to live, the younger ones tke the trodeen path to crime. Immigrants from Central America populate a large central section of the city and often clash amongst one another. Young Black gangs in the SouthEast and Northeast sections rival for turf regularly.

There are some nice things about DC like the downtown area and Upper Northwest DC, but I try to stay away unless I am on the clock. You gotta remember, they have a daytime population similar to NYC and the city is smaller than Staten Island, so traffic is a problem too!

Don't equate me with being from DC. I have lived in Maryland and Virginia. I was born in Washington Hospital Center in DC, but the extent of my stay was only a day.

IACOJ Agitator

Originally posted by TillerMan25
    This is by far one of the most idiotic things I have seen. Is this town near a large city? Where is it?
    Farmington is two towns away from Hartford.

As far as having a say in politics, most of New England is run via "Town Meeting" style meetings. If you pay taxes, you have a right to a voice and a vote.

If he wants to run for local office, let him. He's paying $57K in taxes a year...more than probably anyone on these forums.
    IACOJ Agitator

MembersZone Subscriber

Michael Moore probably pays that amount in taxes too, but I don't want him running for public office!

Dude, it's your state, so good luck with Fiddy Cent as an elected official. Maybe you will get "National Wear your Pants below your Arse and Bling Bling til you drop day."

Like I said before, a convicted criminal has no business in Public Office. You gotta draw the line somewhere.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking That's It...........................................

Originally posted by Adze39

Farmington is two towns away from Hartford.
    That explains it.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Like I said before, a convicted criminal has no business in Public Office. You gotta draw the line somewhere.
    YEAH! What he said........ My esteemed colleague hit the nail on the head. And, I'm quite sure he said the same thing about Marion Barry, I know I did. Anyone want one of the Bumper Stickers I got for my Pickup, "Rap is Crap" ? Have a nice day
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

IACOJ Agitator

Let's just go back to only White, Male, Property Owners are able to vote and hold office!!!
    IACOJ Agitator

Forum Member

Wink

The big difference between Fiddy and most politicans is that Fiddy got caught and convicted. Most of the noise right now is from the left because they're having a primary. If you check, you will find a boat load of lies. Happens on the right as well.

MembersZone Subscriber

Let's just go back to only White, Male, Property Owners are able to vote and hold office!!!
    Are you implying that only White Male property owners are free of criminal convictions? I am just saying, if you have a felony conviction for anything, it shows your integrity and honesty may be less than perfect. Not someone that I want in a public office. Like the other guy said, Politicians might be crooked too, but Curtis James Jackson III (Using his alias only proves my point) got his dumb a** caught!

Now if he runs for office is he going to shed the Stupid Alias and actually use his real name? I mean you can't expect me to believe people in Conneticut are gullible enough to vote for a guy who uses an alias on his yard signs.

"Fiddy Sent Fo Maya"

The possibility of this is Laughable at best. And as Hwoods said...I thought Marion Barry was guilty as charged and no, I don't think "the B-tch Set Him up!" He got caught on video smoking crack, he is guilty and paid his debt to society. No, I don't think he should have been able to hold office again, but in DC, stranger things have happened.
    I guess withthe Crack problem there, he was looked as a hero?..who knows!

Thread Information