Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Wtf?????

Default WTF?????

It has come to my attention lately, that the forums have been going downhill FAST!!!It seems that a certain few (you know who you are) have managed to turn any post into a sex,race,or religion flame war..Is it just me, or should we start looking to vote some folks of the island?????
    Last edited by MalteseMonster; 02-21-2004 at 05:54 PM.
    Ain't Skeerd
    Half Leather Forever....

Forum Member

You will also probably be admonished for using WTF in a post BTW.

Forum Member

Originally posted by hfd66truck
    You will also probably be admonished for using WTF in a post BTW.
    Yep. Sure will.

Forum Member

Well, you've been on Firehouse longer than I, but it seems in 6 months some people have been pushed away so forums clean up, and new ones arrive. Is it our job to babysit? No, of course not, but we handle the differing opinions at work with the hotheads & instigators right? Firehouse is no different. The chief of this department(webteam) is pretty good about handling the dissention in the ranks. Hang in there-- I know your frustration. Good conversation gets into turf war or paid vs vollie or private vs municipal. Take care!
    ~Kevin
    Firefighter/Paramedic
    --^v--^v--^v--^v--
    Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong
    Dennis Miller

Maltese Monster -

Judging by the date next to your name which shows when you joined this illustrious Forum. ( Now I know that it might be in correct-- if you look at mine - it shows that I joined in September of 2000--Which is icorrect - I have been around since the beginning of the forums. I originally checked in during the first month they were established.) What I am saying - is that you haven't been around for all that long. And in that year - you have a whopping 50 posts.

I think I speak for a few of us here when I say that NO ONE has the right to vote anyone off the boards. Also....
    The web team is the administrator of the Forums - if you have a problem with someone/something - then let them know so they can handle the situation appropriately.

If someone violates the user agreement they accepted when they joined - then they messed up. Let the WebTeam do their job- don't try and do it for them.
    Marc

"In Omnia Paratus"

Member - IACOJ
    "Got Crust?"

-- The opinions presented here are my own; and are not those of any organization that I belong to, or work for.

I didn't mean that literally...Also, I have a whopping 50 post because I read more than post..I wasn't posting this to see who was on longer or who can post more...Take a look at some of the post floating around, Do you not think there is a problem that needs to be addressed?? Take a look at stm4710's post do you think that kind of crap should be in a Firehouse forum???
    Ain't Skeerd
    Half Leather Forever....

Forum Member

Were you appointed forum police officer and member conscience???
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Forum Member

Originally posted by PFire23
    Were you appointed forum police officer and member conscience???
    OUCH!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: WTF?????

Originally posted by MalteseMonster
    It has come to my attention lately, that the forums have been going downhill FAST!!!It seems that a certain few (you know who you are) have managed to turn any post into a sex,race,or religion flame war..Is it just me, or should we start looking to vote some folks of the island?????
    Hey Mr. 51 posts---get a life.

You've got to be kidding me. Tell you what...please post us all a list of the things we are permitted to post about, so that we will not offend your tender sensitvities.

Please.

Forum Member

well that implies swearing ..........and I am tellin !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Default Since you called me out.........

Take a look at stm4710's post do you think that kind of crap should be in a Firehouse forum???
    Hmmm posting something about a firefighter that was on the front page of firehouse.com doesnt belong on the firehouse forums?? Im sorry maltesse.......maratha stuart.com was down for some reason.

I swear I will never sin against you all mighty maltese! Lordie lordie please spare my leg master.

As I recall.............I just posted the "dreaded thread" and gave my opinion,I didnt turn it into a sex gihad.

Hey Mr. 51 posts---get a life. You've got to be kidding me. Tell you what...please post us all a list of the things we are permitted to post about, so that we will not offend your tender sensitvities.

Please.
    George.......took the words out my mouth!

werju maybe wtf means webteam fundrasier? I think they deserve a trip to some where warm after Do........well you know.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

MembersZone Subscriber

As a longtime forum reader, but new to the posting game, I have enjoyed experiencing the wide spectrum of viewpoints out there.

I don't agree with everything posted (and obviously some out there don't agree with mine) but I would defend the right for those to express their opinion. Thats what makes this country and forum what they are.

So let me get this straight, It's OK to bash other people's religion?
    It's OK to bash other people's sexual preference? My bad, I thought we were professionals who respect each other regardless of sex,race,or religion.. stm4710, first of all I was not talking about what you posted...It was the flaming that soon followed.. Going from a ff who wanted a sex change post, To my religon is better than your's..But don't listen to me, cause I only have 52 posts..If this is OK with ya'll fine I'll keep my mouth shut..PS there is nothing anybody on these forums can say to make me believe the above mentioned is OK...PERIOD...
    Ain't Skeerd
    Half Leather Forever....

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey MalteseMonster again these are my viewpoints and I stand by them. You don't have to agree with them.

Funny, you keep hammering the religion, homosexual aspects but have not once mentioned the BSA & HY comparison which imflammed alot of posters. Anyway I don't want to start that whole subject in this post.

**Edit Double Post**
    Last edited by MalteseMonster; 02-22-2004 at 02:25 AM.
    Ain't Skeerd
    Half Leather Forever....

FlaFireGator, I didn't see your post until afterwards, And I totally agree with you, It's the disrespect of each others opinions that can IMO make these forums an unforgiving place..Can't we all get along???
    Ain't Skeerd
    Half Leather Forever....

At no time did I say anything regarding your sexual preference, religion, race, etc...

You know what I can't stand - it's people who are like "HEY LOOK AT ME - I'M DIFFERENT FROM YOU."

You know what - if you want to engage in sexual activities with whomever/whatever --- fine. Just don't tell me about it.

You want to pray to a tree? Fine. You want to go to temple? Fine. You want to kneel and pray to Mecca 5 times a day - Fine.

Just don't involve me in it. It is your religion not mine. I hold my own religious beliefs. They are my own. I am not trying to convert you - I am not a missionary - I am not seeking converts.

As far as flaming people? I don't outright do that to anyone.
    #1 - it violates policy in here.

I will however - try and discuss in a logical manner the facts that they have raised, I will research the topic - and raise my own points; either in agreement, or in disagreement to the topic at hand. That is how a discussion is usually had.

You said... I thought we were professionals who respect each other regardless of sex,race,or religion
    If someone flames someone directly on the Forums - that should tell you immediately whether they are professional or not.
    You know what - I don't have to respect you outright. Respect is earned - not given.

If you come in here and say you are a FF/EMT, FF/Paramedic, Fire Officer - you lend a little legitimacy to yourself with your title and your training. Personnally - On my scale of respect [10 being the best - 0 being the worst] everyone starts with -- about a 4. I treat you accordingly -- if you earn respect- your stock improves. If you fall on your sword... stock prices change accordingly.

You know it's funny -- when did America become the land of tolerance. Why do I have to tolerate someone else? Doesn't the fact I am having to tolerate their ignorance - mean they are infringing upon my freedom??

The ball is now in your court.
    Marc

"In Omnia Paratus"

Member - IACOJ
    "Got Crust?"

-- The opinions presented here are my own; and are not those of any organization that I belong to, or work for.

MembersZone Subscriber

Of course FFMcDonald, there are those on this forum who take every opportunity they have to anger people. I know that I can note some instances and persons on this board that we have have dealt with...

You read some last night...

First of all, I didn't point a finger at you, If that's the way it rubbed off I'm sorry..I'm not asking for anyone to respect anybody..Respect is earned, It's the people that seem to come here to **** people off that I'm talking about..If this is not you Fine.. If you do not want to respect me fine..I posted my opinion's here And I stand by them..I didn't come here to start an argument with anyone..I was simply posting what has came to my attention recently.. If were not seeing eye to eye on it, There is nothing I can do to change that.. The ball is now in ya'lls court, do what you will with it.......My mouth is shut..........
    Ain't Skeerd
    Half Leather Forever....

MembersZone Subscriber

I agree, the quality of conversation has really done a face plant

dazed and confused

Default Re: Re: WTF?????

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI

Hey Mr. 51 posts---get a life.

You've got to be kidding me. Tell you what...please post us all a list of the things we are permitted to post about, so that we will not offend your tender sensitvities.

Please.
    Wait, was there any sarcasm there, George?

hehehehe
    God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

MembersZone Subscriber

If this is OK with ya'll fine I'll keep my mouth shut.
    Promise?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Since I may one of those you are talking about....

I will give my two cents.

I would like to state for the record that I don't post here to seek approval, from anyone. I was under the impression that posting my opinion is acceptable.

It appears that some don't want to hear from anyone who may:

1. Disagree with their views.
    2. Have been raised to worship differently than them, or not at all.
    3. May not meet their standards for "morals".
    4. Believe that "tolerance" is not a bad thing.

The following, in my opinion speaks volumes.
    You know it's funny -- when did America become the land of tolerance. Why do I have to tolerate someone else? Doesn't the fact I am having to tolerate their ignorance - mean they are infringing upon my freedom??
    Your freedom to what?

To not have to be exposed to someone who is not a mirror image of you idealogically?

I will continue to post about whatever I please. The WT will determine what is acceptable. Those are the terms I accepted when I joined here. See that little link that says "report this post to a moderator"? Use it. That is what it is there for.

Anyone else who feels they shouldn't have to tolerate differing views could easily end their frustration. Find a forum of like minded people to post with so that your delicate mind isn't tarnished
    by those who may disagree. I am sure you will find comfort in that environment.
    Last edited by Duffman; 02-22-2004 at 08:39 AM.
    "We shouldn't be opening firehouses in Baghdad and closing them in New York City."

IACOJ

Temporarily/No Longer Active

What Duffman said.

Forum Member

and you think posting threads like these are going to help the situtation?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information