Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Carthage MO LODD

I looked and didn't see a thread on this yet. I felt like Mr. Fierro deserved the same honor as all of our other fallen brothers/sisters receive on here.

Carthage is about an hour away from me, and several guys on my department knew Steve Fierro personally. A few of them spent summers out west fighting wildfires on hot shot crews with him. I know he will be sorely missed by all who were touched by his life. He seemed like a very nice guy with a lot of personality who was always willing to help a brother.

It's sad to think that the very thing designed to protect him could possibly be the cause of his death.

My sincerest condolences go out to all of my brothers and sisters in and around Carthage in your time of pain and suffering. You all will be in my prayers!

Steve Fierro - 1/18/2004

I am hoping I can get off work so that I may attend the services Monday.

*I would just like to say a special thanks to the Joplin Fire Department for offering to cover Carthage's area so that all of their firefighters may attend Mr. Fierro's funeral. What a truly considerate thought and gesture by you all. I am sure it is greatly appreciated.*

Stay Safe Everyone!
    LREngine135
    Firefighter/EMT-B

All things I say...while not always making sense are ALWAYS my opinion and only mine. They do not reflect the opinions of any department of which I am a member.

Forum Member

My thoughts and condolences go out to Steve's family, friends and his department.

MembersZone Subscriber

Rest in peace Brother

I wish to extend my sincere condolences to the family, friends and fellow firefighters of our fallen Brother. Rest in peace.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Thread Information