Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Cascade in a lighter unit?

Anyone have any info on mounting a cascade in a 1-ton type chassis? Our vendor says it can't be done due to weight issues, I disagree.

Cascade "skid" unit

Shows a unit that weighs all of 1250 pounds.

Boom Box

Add one of these, and you've got cylinder containment and you're still under 1650 pounds for a two holers, 1550 for one.

Any experiences or suggestions would be certainly appreciated.

Joel

Default cascade

We just replaced our mobile compressor/cascade- we wanted to get a 4 bottle cascade,fill station,andsome basic storage- We wanted a 1 ton crew cab ford- but by the the time you add the body,equipment and people- you're out of this league-we just took delivery of a new E-One- on an International chassis- a great truck that provides unlimited air production and lots of storage an lighting.

Forum Member

Arrow

can i get the so# of the international please? we are in the beginning stages of a support unit.

Forum Member

Post Here's one on a Ford

My dept just took delivery of a new medium duty rescue on a Ford 550 chassis. It has a 4 bottle 6,000 psi cascade with a 2 bottle refill station on board as well as carries our Amkus tool and RIT eqipment.

You can take a look at it at www.brownvillefd.org and look under apparatus 7-7-1. There are sub-pictures of the fill station and the amkus tool. The unit was built by E-1 and sold locally by Jerome Fire. It handles well and has sufficient power to make you be carefull when you are driving 'cause it kind of sneaks up on you.

Forum Member

There is a company making a trailer with cascade, hydralic, Hurst tools, etc, all self contained. We don't need it (no freeways), but they could make something up for you. I'll have the company name & web site tomorrow.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Speaking of 1 ton trucks with cascase, this one just showed up in the New Deliveries on Firehouse.com

http://cms.firehouse.com/content/app...l.jsp?id=41571

F350 w/4 bottle cascade and all sorts of other stuff.

Thread Information