Forum Member

Exclamation With Arnies plan........Usama bin Laden could a US president!!!!!!!!

WASHINGTON (Feb. 22) - Arnold Schwarzenegger, making his Sunday talk show debut as governor, said that he and other foreign-born citizens should be eligible to run for the White House and that President Bush can carry California in November if he does more to help the state.

The Austrian-born former bodybuilder, in the capital for his first meeting with fellow governors, said he has not thought about running for president in the future. The Constitution says only natural-born citizens of the United States are eligible for the country's highest office.

The Republican governor said anyone who has been a U.S. citizen for at least 20 years - as he has - should ''absolutely'' be able to seek the presidency. A constitutional amendment proposed by Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, would make that possible.

''There are so many people in this country that are now from overseas, that are immigrants, that are doing such a terrific job with their work, bringing businesses here, that there's no reason why not,'' said Schwarzenegger, who became a U.S. citizen in 1983.

''Look at the kind of contribution that people like Henry Kissinger have made, Madeleine Albright,'' he said, referring to two former secretaries of state who were born in Europe.

Schwarzenegger said on NBC's ''Meet the Press' that he has been too busy with California's problems to contemplate a future run for the White House. ''I have no idea, I haven't thought about that at all,'' he said.

Schwarzenegger reaffirmed his opposition to the gay marriages that are taking place in San Francisco. He said Mayor Gavin Newsom's refusal to obey the state's law against same-sex marriages could set a bad precedent.

On Friday, the governor said he had directed California's attorney general to take action to stop the marriages.

''In San Francisco it is license for marriage of same sex. Maybe the next thing is another city that hands out licenses for assault weapons and someone else hands out licenses for selling drugs, I mean you can't do that,'' Schwarzenegger said on NBC.

''We have to stay within the law. There's a state law that says specific things, and if you want to challenge those laws then you can go to the court,'' he said.

Schwarzenegger, who was sworn in Nov. 17 after winning a special election to replace recalled Democratic Gov. Gray Davis, is making his first visit to Washington since taking office.

He is attending the winter meeting of the National Governors Association. State leaders were to meet with Bush at the White House on Monday.

Schwarzenegger campaigned during last year's recall election on a pledge to be ''the Collectinator'' - a play on his role in the ''Terminator'' movies - and get more money for California from the federal government. Bush's budget, however, did little to help the state.

Schwarzenegger said he did not feel let down by the president and said Bush can win California in November - if he does more to help the state financially. Bush lost California by 1.3 million votes to Democrat Al Gore in 2000.

''I think it is totally directly related to how much he will do for our state, there's no two ways about it,'' Schwarzenegger said. ''Because Californian people are like a mirror, you know that what you do for them they will do back for you,'' Schwarzenegger said.

''If the federal government does great things for California this year I think there's no two ways about it, that President Bush can have California, he can be elected, I'm absolutely convinced of that.''

AP-NY-02-22-04 1658EST
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Permanently Removed

Default Dude...Please...

You jumped to the wrong conclusion there. Please read
    your headline and then the story. Arnold NEVER said
    "he has a plan" like you wrote.

Please learn to read and comprehend the article
    before you coming here and slam someone like that.

I am NOT for him running for Presdent, but you need
    to post your view and the facts correctly.

Forum Member

A constitutional amendment proposed by Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, would make that possible.
    That constitutes a plan to me.
    Arnold Schwarzenegger, making his Sunday talk show debut as governor, said that he and other foreign-born citizens should be eligible to run for the White House
    Foreign-born citizens should not be the President!

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Originally posted by stm4710
    That constitutes a plan to me. Foreign-born citizens should not be the President!
    The Republican governor said anyone who has been a U.S. citizen for at least 20 years - as he has - should ''absolutely'' be able to seek the presidency. A constitutional amendment proposed by Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, would make that possible
    Really??? So Osama Bin Laden has been a US citizen for the past 20 years? hmmmmmm news to me!

Jesse, have you ever considered posting an article without making up a ridiculous title?

*sigh* rant off
    Last edited by RspctFrmCalgary; 02-23-2004 at 01:43 AM.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

I'm thinking that Jesse's frame of mind is this :

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance....... baffle them with Bulls**t.
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

A constitutional amendment proposed by Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, would make that possible.
    How do you confuse Arnie with Orrin?
    Lt. D. Gordon
    Greendale Fire Department
    Greendale, IN

Forum Member

Originally posted by PFire23
    I'm thinking that Jesse's frame of mind is this :

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance....... baffle them with Bulls**t.
    His posts make bovine scat look brilliant in comparison!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

OMG.......For the first time ever I am speechless........
    If only this would happen more often.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

People..........are seriously all missing the point..........arnt any of you outraged that a amendment is being pushed to allow forgieners to be a us president?

You notice arnie only suggested 20 years............funny the same amount of time he has been here.

Forum Member

We are not missing anything. The Constitution was written with the natural born US citizen clause as an attempt to remove any and all foreign influence from the affairs of the country at the time... we were still a very young nation then (an still, in the grand scheme of things!)
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

I think you are missing the point...what do Arnie and Usama have to do with Orrin Hatch?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

I think you are missing the point...what do Arnie and Usama have to do with Orrin Hatch?
    My point is bones.........someone like bin laden could come to power under this plan..........heck even bin laden could come to power here someday,we still re-elect ted kennedy every term.

The Constitution was written with the natural born US citizen clause as an attempt to remove any and all foreign influence from the affairs of the country at the time..
    We should keep it that way. I would question there loyality in a time of war or on trade agreements. I think if you are going to lead the worlds most powerful country and most powerful army..........you should be a natural citizen of the country!

Forum Member

Lou Gramm for President
    Mick Jones for V.P.!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    May we never forget our fallen, worldwide.

I.A.C.O.J. Safety/Traffic Control Officer

E6511

"Who's Who Among American Teachers" - 2005, 2006 Honoree

MembersZone Subscriber

And if FDR's mother had traveled abroad and given early birth...

Perhaps it's the age of citizenship which should be looked at, say a person who entered the country at the ripe old age of 2 months.

Forum Member

Hey! Let's put the word out. Maybe if Usama knew he could become a citizen and one day become President, he'll move here. Sure would make him easier to find.

Forum Member

posted by stm4170

My point is bones.........someone like bin laden could come to power under this plan..........heck even bin laden could come to power here someday,we still re-elect ted kennedy every term.

We should keep it that way. I would question there loyality in a time of war or on trade agreements. I think if you are going to lead the worlds most powerful country and most powerful army..........you should be a natural citizen of the country!
    I have seen some pretty assinine statements on these forums, but these two just made my top ten list... of course, when you consider the source....

Lets see...how many natural, US born left wing, right wing and lunatic fringe nutcakes could theoretically run for president of the United States? I'll take my chances with Arnold.....
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

If I'm born in the US, spend 20 years overseas, then move back...can I run for President? I'm much more qualified than someone that has lived in the US for 20 years.

Forum Member

Originally posted by Bones42
    If I'm born in the US, spend 20 years overseas, then move back...can I run for President? I'm much more qualified than someone that has lived in the US for 20 years.
    Very true, Bones..........

Jesse just looking for a little more attention right now.......

Again, it's NOT ARNOLD'S PLAN! It was Orin Hatch's plan. And I guarantee that you will find many, many people who came over to this country that are more dedicated to it than some of those born here......

MembersZone Subscriber

By the way, when he turns 35 John Walker Lindh can run for President.

Forum Member

One question, actually it is more of a statement.

Timothy Mcveigh was born here, do you think he would have made a good president? What about if he didnt blow up that Ryder truck in Oklahoma?

Theodore Kaczynski was born here too, do you think he would have made a good president? What about if he didnt get caught for mailing out all of those bombs?

(edited portion:
    Actually it was two questions to make one statement.
    Artie posted the same time I did. )
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Forum Member

By the way, when he turns 35 John Walker Lindh can run for President.
    I don't think felons are eligible either, are they?

MembersZone Subscriber

Regardless of who can run for president, voters are the only ones who can put them in office.
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

MembersZone Subscriber

Regardless of who can run for president, voters are the only ones who can put them in office.
    BINGO!

District Chief

Respect and Pfire....great points....too funny!

I am also with Gonzo and E229Lt...

Besides...Bin Laden will die before he could live in the U.S long enough. Remember...he is already a dialysis patient. But....hmmm..what would happen if we transfuse some blood into him from Geroger Bush Sr & Jr..... Wow.... Or....Hillary, and Bill and Al...LOL
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Forum Member

Originally posted by captstanm1
    Respect and Pfire....great points....too funny!

I am also with Gonzo and E229Lt...

Besides...Bin Laden will die before he could live in the U.S long enough. Remember...he is already a dialysis patient. But....hmmm..what would happen if we transfuse some blood into him from Geroger Bush Sr & Jr..... Wow.... Or....Hillary, and Bill and Al...LOL
    It would be better if we could use Pigs blood!!!

Thread Information