MembersZone Subscriber

Default Cleaning treadplate on apparatus

Does anyone have any good suggestions on cleaning the treadplate on apparatus?? Any good polishes on the market? Any special pads for buffers??

Thanks,

Matthew Tomek
    Bolivar County VFD
    Cleveland, MS
    mtomek@bellsouth.net

MembersZone Subscriber

Try a product called Never Dull.
    Lt. D. Gordon
    Greendale Fire Department
    Greendale, IN

Forum Member

Never Dull will work. I have seen a liquid polish sold under several differant names "Metal Magic, Hot Sauce," and a few I don't remember. It is dark gray-green in color, and always seperates till you shake it. It works really well if you use a piece of shag carpet to apply it. It will turn black as you rub it in (just like the never dull) and then you wipe it off with a cloth.

Mothers aluminum polish works also. Just gotta rub and rub and rub and rub and then when your arms feel like they are gonna fall off rub some more. nothinng but good old fashioned elbow grease. Good luck

Forum Member

We have had good luck with aluminum wheel cleaner. Spray it on, brush the stains and rinse. It removes the everyday dirt and discoloration. The tuff stains may require a stronger solution.

You might also check with an auto detail shop. They seem to have something to clean everything automotive.

Stay Safe
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

When my department was big into going to parades we used a product called flitz and you put it on with a bathroom scrub brush and wipe it out with a tool. or I prefer mothers mag polish

MembersZone Subscriber

Try a product called Speedy..works wonders. My department is big into parades and any large event we attend,we clean every inch of diamond plate on the truck with this stuff..comes out looking brand new. Never Dull & Mothers are good for the intakes & discharges also the Aluminum Rims, but speedy works the best for diamond plate.. I know they have a website I've seen it posted here a couple of times.
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

Forum Member

Lightbulb

Hey Brother,

Check with the apparatus company who built the rig. They will be able to tell you what you should be using. When we got all of our rigs we got cleaners and stuff to keep them looking good.

Stay Safe & Well out there...

Forum Member

There is also a product called SEMICHROME is use it on my Harley Wheels (aluminum made them look like chrome). Need a little elbow grease like most products.

MembersZone Subscriber

It sounds like a bunch of elbow grease and no buffers, huh???

We had way too much treadplate put on two of our trucks and now we have to get it polished up!!!!!!!!

Thread Information