Forum Member

Default FDNY E-82 in PA?

I remember years ago finding a fire department website from PA that listed a used Mack CF as one of their apparatus, and said it was once assigned to FDNY Engine Company 82? Is anyone else aware of this and have the name of the fire department or link? I'm wondering if this is the same 1978 Mack CF that Code 3 just made a model of.

Thanks.

I'm unsure about E-82 however I can tell you this. The Ex-FDNY rig that was made into a Code 3 belongs to Mapleton Fire Co. in Huntingdon County. Serving now as Engine/Rescue 2 it is a 1980 Mack CF Ex-FDNY Engine Company 7 (lower Manhattan).

Hope this helps you out.

Forum Member

A man in Wysox, PA collects old NYC Mack's. He has like 16 Engines, and 3 tower-ladders... Just sitting behind his business.

Our company bought one from the Navy Ship yard up there in NYC. In pretty rough shape, but it was used for about 10 years after we refurbished it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Thanks for the replies IMB127 and blueeighty88. I distinctly remember it was E-82, since I read Dennis Smith's book about half a dozen times, and it was PA, since I went to college there and my wife is from the State.

That Wysox connection sounds interesting. I went to Kings College in Wilkes-Barre in the late 80s and early 90s, and volunteered in Wilkes-Barre Township. I remember going to Tunkhannock (sp?) a few times, it seems Wysox is a bit further northwest of there. If I'm ever back that way I'll have to check it out.

Fire Apparatus Journal is doing a study on former FDNY rigs that served elsewhere. I'm sure they'd be interested in all of these leads.

Forum Member

Connfire, You may find what you are looking for at lowerswatarafire.com they claim that their Rescue 59 is the 1975 Mack CF that served as FDNY Engine 82 (also served as E238 and RE511) it is now white over yellow with the fire body removed and replaced with a custon walk-in rescue box by Ranger. I hope this helps.

Forum Member

Default THAT'S IT!

Thanks Tribe9a,

That's exactly what I was looking for. I forgot that they remade E-82 into a rescue - its been years since I stumbled upon that site, and discovered that an engine that served at "La Casa Grande" found a new life as a rescue in PA.

Many Thanks,
    Connfire

Forum Member

Glad to have been able to help. I stumbled across that bit of history after seeing their Seagrave Engine at the Pa fire expo in Harrisburg. Very nice rig. They struck me as being a pretty classy unit with alot of pride. It seems to me that central Pa has tons of ex-FDNY trucks. The Engine from backdraft is also in central Pa, can't remember the exact location but it is in Schuylkill county, I believe as a condition of the purchase they had to keep it painted and numbered as it was in the film.

Default Location of Code 3 Mack

Go here to see details and background on this piece of equipment:

http://www.mapletonfire.com

Thread Information