Thread: Ohio LODD

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Ohio LODD

Firefighter Ed Conricote of the Liberty Twp. Fire Dept. in Trumbull County passed away this afternoon after collapsing at a structure fire. Ed was also a dispatcher for Fire Page Ohio. Funeral details are forthcoming and will be posted at www.firepageohio.com and www.youngstownfire.com

Rest in peace Brother, we'll all miss you.

Forum Member

Rest In Peace Brother. My thoughts are with his family.

*sigh* this has been a bad week for LODD's and injuries. You all take care out there.
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Forum Member

Unhappy

I would be hard pressed to find another man I have met in the fire service or general public that displayed as much heart and courage as Ed did...Definitely taken far before his time...

God speed, Ed...

(Daysleeper 47: check IM...)
    Remember KQJ943

Forum Member

........(man a _________load of LODD's) my prayers to all.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

Rest in Peace Brother
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

Forum Member

On February 23, 2004 at 16:11, the Liberty Fire Department was dispatched to 2790 Barth for a reported car on fire in the garage. Ed Conricote, a 15 year veteran, responded and began helping pull hose. He collapsed once in the driveway and was helped up by two Liberty Police officers. Ed assured them he was ok and continued working. A short time later, Ed collapsed a second time in the driveway. Despite numerous attempts to revive him, Ed was rushed to Saint Elizabeth's hospital and was pronounced dead a short time later as a result of a heart attack.

Since Ed was a child, he had always dreamed of becoming a firefighter. He grew up on the North side of Youngstown and later could often be found visiting neighborhood friends at Youngstown's Station 7. Ed was always glad to lend a hand. He went to seminary school to become a priest but left before completing the requirements. He then was a drug salesman in the Cleveland area. Ed moved to Liberty and worked for the Liberty Street Department and was a Volunteer for the Liberty Fire Department (http://www.libertytwp.com/fire.html) at the time of his passing.

He was a founding member of FirePage Ohio (FPO/D323) and he was an avid fire and train buff. He was a good friend to many and always greeted you with a friendly smile. Any discussion you had with Ed was bound to elicit his catch phrase "very good" which was as contagious as his friendship. Ed passed away doing what he loved best, helping others. He will be deeply missed.

Ed was never married and is survived by his mother who also resides in the Youngstown area.

Ed was a great friend and we logged many hours talking about firefighting and about the Youngstown Fire Department. He was a wealth of knowledge and he was just an all around great guy.
    Remember KQJ943

Forum Member

On behalf of the Lewiston Fire Co. No. 2, I send my condolences to the Liberty FD and the friends and family of FF Ed Conricote.

Rest in Peace Brother.
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

MembersZone Subscriber

Funeral Services for Firefighter Edward Conricote

Calling hours Friday 1600-2000 @ McVean & Hughes Funeral Home, 711 Wick Ave Youngstown

Services Saturday, 10:00, at Immaculate Conception Church, 811 Oak St. Youngstown

Internment to follow at Calvary Cemertary on Belle Vista Ave, Youngstown

Any fire department sending apparatus or personnel should contact LTFD by 2-26 @ 17:00. 330-759-0363 or 220-759-7792(fax). Apparatus must stage at the church at 09:00.

The following hotels are offering special rates due to the cirumstances

Hampton Inn 330-759-9555 ($59.00)
    Holiday Inn 330-759-0606 ($65.00)
    QUality Inn 330-759-3180 ($45.00)
    Last edited by WTFD10; 02-24-2004 at 11:31 PM.

Forum Member

^
    Remember KQJ943

Thread Information