Thread: Ohio LODD

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Ohio LODD

Firefighter Ed Conricote of the Liberty Twp. Fire Dept. in Trumbull County passed away this afternoon after collapsing at a structure fire. Ed was also a dispatcher for Fire Page Ohio. Funeral details are forthcoming and will be posted at www.firepageohio.com and www.youngstownfire.com

Rest in peace Brother, we'll all miss you.

MembersZone Subscriber

Its been a tough week in the fire service, stay safe and pace yourselves my Bro's.

Forum Member

730 it is STILL looking like it is a tough week...........I mena this is almost a daily occurance..........let it stop soon.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

I knew Ed. Liberty is north of Youngstown, and we're south of it. We've hired a bunch of Liberty Fire guys over the years. Ed used to come around and shoot the breeze with guys I've worked with. He used to be a Catholic priest. I never knew why he left that calling, but I do know that if you needed to talk to someone so you could decompress after an ugly call, you could talk to him.

According to The Youngstown Vindicator, Ed was pulling a hose from an engine when he fell off the truck and struck his head. They don't know yet whether a heart attack caused the fall, but he was unconscious after he fell to the ground, and never regained consciousness.

Funeral arrangements were still pending when The Vindicator went to print.

(edit: here's a thread from Youngstownfire.com that deals with Ed's death: http://www.youngstownfire.com/phpbb/...pic.php?t=3322 )
    Last edited by EdShanks; 02-24-2004 at 09:56 PM.
    E-4-A
    IAFF 1176

MembersZone Subscriber

Funeral Services for Firefighter Edward Conricote

Calling hours Friday 1600-2000 @ McVean & Hughes Funeral Home, 711 Wick Ave Youngstown

Services Saturday, 10:00, at Immaculate Conception Church, 811 Oak St. Youngstown

Internment to follow at Calvary Cemertary on Belle Vista Ave, Youngstown

Any fire department sending apparatus or personnel should contact LTFD by 2-26 @ 17:00. 330-759-0363 or 220-759-7792(fax). Apparatus must stage at the church at 09:00.

The following hotels are offering special rates due to the cirumstances

Hampton Inn 330-759-9555 ($59.00)
    Holiday Inn 330-759-0606 ($65.00)
    QUality Inn 330-759-3180 ($45.00)
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Thread Information