Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NY LODD

Default NY LODD

Harford, NY Deputy Chief Bret Neff was severely injured last night on a mutual aid alarm for a trailer fire in Slaterville Springs, NY. Chief Neff became pinned between the rear of the Harford Tanker and a Slaterville apparatus. Chief Neff was airlifted to Robert Packer Hospital in Sayre, PA, where he was pronounced dead. An investigation into the accident is ongoing. Details for services listed below. Further information regarding this incident are available in the LODD section of firehouse.com.

Services For Harford Fire Deptartment Deputy Chief Bret Neff:

Calling Hours 1500-1900 Thursday 4/26 At Perkins Funeral Home, 55 West Main St, Dryden, NY

All Fire Service Personnel wishing to pay their respects are requested to meet at Dryden Firehouse at 26 North St. (Route 13),Dryden, NY by 1730 and then proceed to Perkins Funeral Home.

Funeral Services are private at the request of the Family

Those wishing to remember Chief Neff are asked to send a memorial, in lieu of flowers, to the Harford Volunteer Fire Company, P.O. Box 7, Harford, NY 13784-0007.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

After discussion with the Harford Fire Chief this evening at the Cortland County Fire Advisory Board Meeting there are a few new details, all with Family approval, to be added to the Funeral Arrangements for Deputy Chief Bret Neff. They are as follows:

Any Fire Service Personnel willing to assist The Harford Fire Department with providing an Honor Guard throughout the calling hours should make arrangements within their own Department and then Contact Bob Duell at the Cortland County Fire Coordinator's Office at 607-753-5065 by 1200 hrs. Thursday. Also all Fire Service Personnel wishing to pay their respects should meet at the Dryden Firehouse, 26 North St. (Route13) Dryden, NY by 1730 hrs. Personnel will then proceed to the Funeral Home in Formation. Transportation will be provide for those unable to participate in the procession.

Also any Fire Service Personnel wishing to line up outside the Funeral Home After the Services in Full Dress Uniform Should Meet at the Dryden Firehouse by 1230 hrs. on Friday February 26th.

A Spring Interment with Full Military and Fire Service Honors will be planned at the discretion of the Family.

I am aware this is short notice but this information just became available within the last couple hours.

My condolences to the Neff Family and the Harford Fire Department.
    Last edited by tripperff; 02-25-2004 at 09:48 PM.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Anything found in my posts is soley my opinion and not representative of any other individual or entity.

You know that thing inside your helmet? Use it wisely and you'll be just fine.

Forum Member

My condolences to all!!

MembersZone Subscriber

My condolences to Chief Neff's family and fellow brothers and sisters.

What a tough couple of weeks we've been having! Please stay safe.

My department is the next county over and were maybe a half an hour from there, It's a horrible tragedy, one I hope we can learn from.

May our brother rest in peace and his fellow family and friends know that we all share their pain.
    NYS FF1/AEMT-CC
    IAEP Local 152
    "You stopped being in charge when I showed up"

Default Funeral Arrangements

I added the Funeral Arrangements for Deputy Chief Neff to my original Post.
    Last edited by tripperff; 02-25-2004 at 09:50 PM.

Anything found in my posts is soley my opinion and not representative of any other individual or entity.

Default SORRY FOLKS

There's been more information added to the details and I want to try and keep this on the first page.

Thread Information