MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default Slow Down..... You Never Know What You Might Find

A young and successful executive was traveling down a neighborhood street, going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. He was watching for kids darting out from between parked cars and slowed down when he thought he saw something. As his car passed, no children appeared. Instead, a brick smashed into the Jag's side door!

He slammed on the brakes and backed the Jag back to the spot where the brick had been thrown. The angry driver then jumped out of the car, grabbed the nearest kid and pushed him up against a parked car shouting, "What was that all about and who are you? Just what the heck are you doing? That's a new car and that brick you threw is going to cost a lot of money. Why did you do it?"

The young boy was apologetic. "Please, mister...please, I'm sorry but I didn't know what else to do," he pleaded. "I threw the brick because noone else would stop..." With tears dripping down his face and off his chin, the youth pointed to a spot just around a parked car.

"It's my brother," he said. "He rolled off the curb and fell out of his wheelchair and I can't lift him up." Now sobbing, the boy asked the stunned executive, "Would you please help me get him back into his wheelchair? He's hurt and he's too heavy for me."

Moved beyond words, the driver tried to swallow the rapidly swelling lump in his throat. He hurriedly lifted the handicapped boy back into the wheelchair, then took out a linen handkerchief and dabbed at the fresh scrapes and cuts. A quick look told him everything was going to be okay.

"Thank you and may God bless you," the grateful child told the stranger.

Too shook up for words, the man simply watched the boy push his wheelchair-bound brother down the sidewalk toward their home It was a long, slow walk back to the Jaguar. The damage was very noticeable, but the driver never bothered to repair the dented side door. He kept the dent there to remind him of this message: "Don't go through life so fast that someone has to throw a brick at you to get your attention!"

God whispers in our souls and speaks to our hearts. Sometimes when we don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at us. It's our choice to listen or not.

Thought for the Day:

If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it.
    If He had a wallet, your photo would be in it.
    He sends you flowers every spring.
    He sends you a sunrise every morning.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

He sends you a sunrise every morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I.A.C.O.J. Firefighter/EMT-B

"I'm gonna drill a hole in your skull and pump out all the stupidity"
    Gunny Ermey

"Never underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Humpty Dumpty was pushed

Polishing the Chrome on all the IACOJ "apparati"

wow
    I havent failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

- Thomas Edison

MembersZone Subscriber

Rex Barker here again. I received the following from a dear friend and I just HAD to share it with all my friends and loved ones. It will certainly make you stop and think! I am ashamed to say that this sounds just like something I would do!

The woman arrived
    At an airport one night
    With several long hours
    Before her flight.
    She hunted for a book
    In the airport shop,
    Bought a bag of cookies
    And found a place to drop.

She was engrossed in her book
    But happened to see,
    That the man sitting beside her,
    As bold as could be,
    Grabbed a cookie or two
    From the bag in between,
    Which she tried to ignore
    To avoid a scene.

So she munched the cookies
    And watched the clock,
    As the gutsy cookie thief
    Diminished her stock.

She was getting more irritated
    As the minutes ticked by,
    Thinking, "If I wasn't so nice,
    I would blacken his eye."

With each cookie she took,
    He took one too,
    When only one was left,
    She wondered what he would do.
    With a smile on his face,
    And a nervous laugh,
    He took the last cookie
    And broke it in half.

He offered her half,
    As he ate the other,
    She snatched it from him
    And thought... ooh, brother!

This guy has some nerve
    And he's also rude,
    Why he didn't even show
    Any gratitude!

She had never known
    When she had been so galled,
    And sighed with relief
    When her flight was called.

She gathered her belongings
    And headed to the gate,
    Refusing to look back
    At the thieving ingrate.

She boarded the plane,
    And sank in her seat,
    Then she sought her book,
    Which was almost complete.

As she reached in her baggage,
    She gasped with surprise,
    There was her bag of cookies,
    In front of her eyes.

If mine are here,
    She moaned in despair,
    The others were his,
    And he tried to share.
    Too late to apologize,
    She realized with grief,
    That she was the rude one,
    The ingrate, the thief!

How many times have we absolutely known that something was a certain way, only to discover later that what we believed to be true...was not?

This is Rex Barker C.S. (Cookie Spokesperson) saying " Keep An Open Mind And An Open Heart, Because...... You Just Never Know...... Ya might be eating someone else's cookies!"

p.s. I am not "Rex Barker"
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

MembersZone Subscriber

Gotcha Rex... haha

Forum Member

Thanks Brother...this is just what I needed today.

(Rex fits you well...BTW)
    May we never forget our fallen, worldwide.

I.A.C.O.J. Safety/Traffic Control Officer

E6511

"Who's Who Among American Teachers" - 2005, 2006 Honoree

MembersZone Subscriber

I say again... I AM NOT REX!

Rex Barker here again.
    Is everyone ready to start their journey? Fasten your seatbelts for the ride of your life!

We’ll start by considering the following questions. Over the past year:

What qualities of character have you strengthened? Are you more honest with others about how you feel? Have you learned to set boundaries with those who drain your energy? Improved your communication skills or become more sensitive to others?

Have you shared an act of kindness or supported others in some way? Did you help a friend who is going through a divorce or care for an elderly parent? Maybe you coached your child’s sports team or volunteered for a non-profit organization?

What special memories have you created with those you love? Did you take a vacation that was particularly memorable? Did you organize an event that brought people together? Were there any special moments that stand out?

What have you achieved or accomplished? Consider both your personal and professional life. Did you meet your business goals or get a promotion? Maybe you finished an important project or channeled your creative energy into painting or cooking.

For your first journal entry reflect on the previous year and make a list of twenty-five (yes, twenty-five!) things you are most proud of accomplishing over the last twelve months. This list might include ways you’ve grown as a person, goals you’ve achieved, and the positive changes that you’ve made in your life.

When you’ve completed your list, share it with your partner or team. Better yet, hold a bragging party and invite several people to gather and share their lists. Taking the time to acknowledge your accomplishments and celebrate your success is an important way to strengthen the relationship with yourself, the first step in creating the life you want.

This is Rex Barker C.S. reminding you that seeing the good in others starts with seeing the good in ourselves.

RESPOND: RexBarker@HumorNetwork.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Default MORE TO ADD IN THE PHYLOSOPHY CORNER

Rex Barker here again. I would like to share a wonderful message by George Carlin (the comedian of the 70's, 80's) who recently lost his wife. (Our 40 Days Series will continue on Monday)

The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints.

We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time.

We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.

We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.

We've learned how to make a living, but not a life. We've added years to life not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor.

We conquered outer space but not inner space. We've done larger things, but not better things. We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul. We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice.

We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less. We've learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships. These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes.

These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom.

A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete.

Remember, spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever.

Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.

Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent.

Remember, to say, "I love you" to your spouse and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.

Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again.

Give time to love, give time to speak, and give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.

This is Rex Barker C.S. remembering that "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." Have a sweet weekend.

MembersZone Subscriber

That Carlin guy has sure got it right.

Good one Mal.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Thread Information