Default i think dept. laughs are great what are some of yours?

some funny people in my dept.

we got this one guy who answers the phone like this-
    "you light it, we'll fight it." or "Firestation we make house calls"
    the guys great.

we also got a guy (a major wacker) his names adam which is great.
    his nick name 1-adam-12 hes got a $100 rust bucket 1990 ford tarus station wagon. hes got a vector light on it and a street hawk and a whelen light bar in his back seat just in case a bulb blows out. hes also got a dash light(strobe) and strobes in his head and tail lights. the car barely has enough juice to run when he hits the switch to turn um on. hes also got like 5 antenas on the roof for scanners and cbs its just a great laugh.

then theres the group of one father and his two sons- they dont even know what a light switch does. not literally but they aint to smart. there great people just a little luny. we get them to believe some of the craziest ****.

so what kind of people do u guys got that are funny to talk about?

some other funnies:

this one day the dept. was roling to a call i was like 10 at the time and my dad had gone to the call and i was listening to the scanner hoping to hear my dads voice on the radio. but instead this one guy gets on and to radio in route he goes " stueben fire control show bath thats B- A- T- H- Bath E-7 in route to auto alarm." we still laugh at that statement today. i guess at least he can spell.

Temporarily/No Longer Active

We got this guy that is a constant crackup. If we have a party or some type of informal socal event he puts on his 'clown' face. He has a set of plastic gap buckteeth he got from a gag shop. He wears them and a black curly wig and glasses and looks completely bizzare. Nobody there can help laughing when he goes into his routine. If I find a picture in my album then I will post it.

We got this guy that is a constant crackup. If we have a party or some type of informal socal event he puts on his 'clown' face. He has a set of plastic gap buckteeth he got from a gag shop. He wears them and a black curly wig and glasses and looks completely bizzare. Nobody there can help laughing when he goes into his routine. If I find a picture in my album then I will post it.
    Cellblock, I never knew you talked about yourself in the third person!

Forum Member

Originally posted by 42VTExplorer

Cellblock, I never knew you talked about yourself in the third person!
    ROTFLMAO!
    No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

If I find a picture in my album then I will post it.
    Here ya go!

There we go! Lots of photos of our Cupcake!

Forum Member

Bozo the millitant athiest cupcake.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Member

OUCH!!!!!!!! That'll leave a mark....... Creative, I will definitely give you that!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

OMG!!! LMAO!!! Thats just to funny...very....creative...
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

Forum Member

Cellblock simply posted an nice reply to the young mans question and you guys jump him. Pathetic. He has obviously drawn many peoples anger in the forums but you guys are simply going out looking to cause trouble now.
    Proud to be an American, Union Firefighter!

Talking And the nickname sticks!

OMG! Have I missed these forums in the two weeks I've been gone!

I never expected that nickname to stick...guess it was just too good!

LOL! STM that is priceless!!!

man...I can always depend on you guys to give me a good laugh!
    LREngine135
    Firefighter/EMT-B

All things I say...while not always making sense are ALWAYS my opinion and only mine. They do not reflect the opinions of any department of which I am a member.

There's a switch near the department phone. If someone turns it from phone to alarm, when ever the phone was picked up and someone accidently pushed in the button on the handset or the phone went more than four rigns, the fire siren goes off. The siren is so under powered, it can only be heard a few blocks, so it's really ineffective for fires. So it was a common joke that when we were juniors about ten years ago, to flip this switch. The town board president lived directly across the street from the horn on the siren; a federal thunderbolt, supposed to rotate, but that particular part didn't have enough power to run. So this man got a surprise every day at 4am when someone called the firehouse, knowing nobody would be there to catch it by the fourth ring.

It was all in good humor, nobody liked the council guy-he was against the fire dept. Felt we didn't need a budget b/c rural areas "didn't need more than one truck and as far as he was concerned the 1953 truck was good enough". So nobody ever bothered to turn the siren power all the way off, knowing that when we were up... He should be too. To watch us jumpstart our 50 year old truck while half the town burns due to the ineffective, "not needed" hydrant system didn't have enough pressure for a garden hose.
    Last edited by historyjunkie; 03-02-2004 at 02:27 PM.

Forum Member

Our main station has a alarm system installed but it's hardly ever set because volunteers often come and go to drop off paperwork or to hang out at the station in case there's a call. A few years ago, some of us started working parttime shifts at the station. Mainly nights, one man on to get the first out truck moving if we get toned. Then the pranks began. Somebody would sneak into the station in the middle of the night when the paid guy was sleeping in the bunkroom and set the alarm. A couple of minutes later the phone would ring and the paid guy would walk into the office area to get it. That's when the motion sensors found him. WOOWOOOWOOOWOOOWOOO. The paid guy would go to the alarm panel and shut off the alam, the alarm company would call to confirm that everything was OK and then the local PD officer would come out to check that we hadn't been overrun by outlaw bikers or something sinister.
    This only happened a few times before the Chief put a stop to it. You see, In addition to calling the FD and the Police, the alarm company had to call the Chief's home phone too. Jokes stop being funny when the Chief starts losing sleep.

Forum Member

WHAT UP ???

Cellblock776

cellblock

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Forum Member

Originally posted by stm4710
    Bozo the millitant athiest cupcake.
    Oh my god. I swear, I am choking, I need oxygen.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

Originally posted by PFire23
    WHAT UP ???

Cellblock776

cellblock

I was wondering the same thing, PFire........

Forum Member

PF, I think the WT exercised its power, and then a new name was created by an individual. The 4 postings now have been pretty mild so far.
    ~Kevin
    Firefighter/Paramedic
    --^v--^v--^v--^v--
    Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong
    Dennis Miller

Forum Member

PF, I think the WT exercised its power, and then a new name was created by an individual. The 4 postings now have been pretty mild so far.
    that doesn't matter because when kvfcjr got kicked off he showed me the email and said he was temporarily suspended and if he made a new sn they would make it indefinate.

HAHAHAHA is the funniest thing ever jesse, o man i need to go outside for some fresh air like nmfire said; i need some air. lol
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Forum Member

I think it was a case of reincarnation or something. still kind of hazy. what day is it?

MembersZone Subscriber
    Wren, MS Until the forum gremlins pay a visit!

Lordy, Lordy - Cellblock is Born Again!
    Chief
    Wren Volunteer Fire Department
    IACOJ
    Southern Division

http://www.wrenfiredepartment.4t.com/

In Memory of:
    FireFighter/Pilot James Archer
    1946-2005
    "Rest in peace James, you now have the ultimate set of wings on you."

Thanks, LeuitEFDems

expvol
    Firehouse.com Guest

I was leading a 2 1/2 attack line durring at training and I had the valve open, not closed, thought it was closed and they opened up the water, knocked all 4 of us flat on our arses.

Forum Member

I was leading a 2 1/2 attack line durring at training and I had the valve open, not closed, thought it was closed and they opened up the water, knocked all 4 of us flat on our arses.
    Great way to break your face or legs or someone eles's bones.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

We were dispatched for a structure fire in our local along with 2 mutual aid companies, one of our mutual aid companies which is less than a mile from our firehouse had company meeting that night. Their full company 2 pumpers,1 squirt,1 rescue and 1 ambulance all were on the street before we got out we were pulling out of our fire house and seen them coming, I instructed the driver to wait and let them pass us, so we see the squirt first,squad second 2 pumpers and ambulance next all pass us flying, I called them by radio and told to slow down, we pulled out behind their ambulance. we have 2 streets 1 jackson st, other is washington st thaat are separated by main st
    both streets run north to south, we were heading east on main street. so for the lower address 100 block to 900 block you have to turn left(N)off of main st. for the 1000 block to 1700 block you have to turn right(S) the house was 1500 block which means you have to turn right off of main. Their entire company turned left. We turned right. Their ambulance called us and told us that we were going the wrong way. I told them the address and the insisted on going north. As we were approaching 1700 block I called fire radio to let them know we had smoke showing. We went straight to the fire, I called one of those pumpers to lay in to us other pick up hydrant, then I got a call on the radio from our other mutual aid company stating that they were right behind us and they would lay in to us. When the company that went the wrong way got on location we had the fire knocked down, it was a kitchen fire. they were embarressed. First full company to respond to a working structure,last ones to get on location. It was funny because were really close and their asst chief came up to me and said "we would of had it knocked down" I said "I know but did you hear your medics telling us we were going the wrong way"
    If we don't do it nobody else will!!!!

Forum Member

when it comes to a scene my dept is pretty serious but when it comes to meetings or after calls we have a few guys that can really get the dept bustin up laughin. Usually it has some sort of connection with the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. It is a riot. we know when to be serious and when it is alright to joke around.
    "Let's Roll." Todd Beamer 9/11 first soldier in the war on terror

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

I.A.C.O.J. Probie and darn proud of it.

Thread Information