Thread: Brac

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Brac

Does anyone have any info on the upcoming BRAC List? All I hear are rumors. Very concerned as I am still career conditional and have been told career conditional and probationary firefighter do not qualify for the stopper list. Any info appreceated.

MembersZone Subscriber

I've been through a BRAC closing. I don't think they could make anything happen fast enough that you wouldn't be off career-conditional status. The process takes a couple of years. But it only affects you if you are at a base that closes. If you think your base could get closed, look for work right away. Just be sharp enough not to go to another base that could get closed.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Where are you.....

HRPICCO....

hey brother... where are you working "The FORT" ? I am a vic of the BRAC that hit that area a few years ago ... ex MOT fire... sure do miss it now....

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: Where are you.....

Originally posted by npsranger491
    HRPICCO....

hey brother... where are you working "The FORT" ? I am a vic of the BRAC that hit that area a few years ago ... ex MOT fire... sure do miss it now....
    Sorry I took so long to get back to you. I'm at Earle. It is a very unhappy place to begin with. They say we have nothing to worry about but, now I found out I can be bumped by a senior firefighter who loses his job at another base due to regionalization.

Thread Information