MembersZone Subscriber

Default NJ towns that DON'T use the state test

Anyone know which towns in NJ do not use the state test for their hiring process? I know Montclair doesn't and they just had their test about a month ago. But I can't seem to find out what other towns hold their own testing.

MembersZone Subscriber

Try going to NJDOP site and take that info and compare it to NJFMBA site.
    When Life Is On The Line. We Are Never Off Duty.

MembersZone Subscriber

I have checked out the NJDOP website a few times and can't seem to find any sort of list. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default NJ Towns

Maple Wood, Woodbury, and Englwood, are three that I know of. NJ civil Service Test for Firefighter has a lot of issues. Townships can still pick who they want from the list. There is always a law case being filed and that holds everything up also. New Jersey is also the only state that doesn't consider you a Vet unless you have proof of Two weeks in a combat zone. Keep taking all NJ tests you can. Subscribe to an internet pay service that lists East Coast Job Openings. Take FDNY, Federal Firefighters(DOD), Maryland, Virginia. There by the book and you have a much better shot. I wasted 15 years taking the NJ state tests and never even got an interview. I became a Federal firefighter and now I have been going on Interviews for Departments all over the north east. Eventualy one will hit. You have to try to take as many tests as possible. Hope this helps.

Thread Information