Thread: tnt

Default tnt

Does anyone's department use the TNT extrication equipment? How do you like it compared to the other brands?
    Burgess Wills
    Firefighter/EMT
    Windsor Vol. Fire Department
    Chuckatuck Vol. Fire Department

Truckie

Excellent extrication equipment. I've used it on the job and as an instructor. With the 10,500 psi system, the heads have plenty of power and speed to get the job done. Even the combo heads are worth while, you can get the head with either the cutter or speader as the primary tool. The tools are well designed for balance and size, 1 person can manipulate the tools. Another feature is the self centering, variable speed control valve. In short, I like them and would pick them over most from my experiance.
    But one thing you may want to look closely at, that being the location of a reputable dealer and service center. No matter how good the tool is, if the dealer sucks, you won't be happy.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Forum Member

Default TNT extrication equipment

We don't use them. Did you try a search? I'm almost certain it's been talked about in some other threads.

On a side note, How in the heck did you get your Avatar so big?

Yea im actually in two different departments, the one that i began with uses the Hurst tools. They get the job done don't get me wrong, but when my other department was trying the tnt tools out i found them much more easier to use.

Nfd, I really dont know how THe avatar got so big to tell you the truth i copied it from someone else.
    Burgess Wills
    Firefighter/EMT
    Windsor Vol. Fire Department
    Chuckatuck Vol. Fire Department

Forum Member

That's a HUGE avatar!

As for the tools, we use Genesis and love them. Like 159 said, may wanna use the search feature of the forums. You should be able to find quite a bit of info on here.

Forum Member

that AVATAR if freakin HUGE !
    and oh ya...............we live next door to 77 and 159 and have the Genesis Tools............love 'em
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

We use a full complement of TNT equipment (spreaders, cutters, rams and airbags) and have nothing but great things to say about them.

Take a look at the following link to a similar thread

http://cms.firehouse.com/forums2/sho...threadid=56260

MembersZone Subscriber

Another vote for the Genesis Tools.. Work with 159 and '77 where we have them. My full-time department also has a set. I never used the TNT tools but when we bought the Genesis Tools we tried many different brands and nothing compared.

Forum Member

Evidently size does matter to some poeple.

Forum Member

Evidently size does matter to some poeple.
    Must be getting slow now that I'm 30 something. I should've seen that one comming.

Forum Member

159........... I told you........... Sometimes he makes those off the wall comments............ I ain't scared of no ghosts.........

MembersZone Subscriber

We use the full assortment of TNT tools spreaders, cutters and rams. THe only problem we have had with them and it was our own fault. The power unit was not secured down good and bounced around in the compartment. The recoil on the pull cord got bent up and jammed. Since it is fixed we have not had any problems.

Thy sure are a lot lighter than the set of Hurst tools that we have as back up now.
    Les Hartford
    Assistant Chief
    LMR Fire Dept.

The views posted here are strickly my own and not of any of the groups I am affiliated with.

IACOJ Member

Forum Member

I ment to post this before but forgot when Fire40man got me side tracked. Here's another thread with some info about TNT rescue tools.

http://cms.firehouse.com/forums2/sho...t=Rescue+tools

Forum Member

speaking of side-tracked............ Did ya hear about the meeting tonight, 159????????

Forum Member

speaking of side-tracked............ Did ya hear about the meeting tonight, 159????????
    Nope, here we go again with another hijacking.

Forum Member

77-

To avoid a hijacking, you can fill me in later. I have to go babysit some F-16's now.

Forum Member

Originally posted by NFD159
    77-

To avoid a hijacking, you can fill me in later. I have to go babysit some F-16's now.
    10-4

MembersZone Subscriber

The department doesn't own any tools but when we do get some I hope they are TNT. I did research and I think that TNT is well worth the money and as always the dealer makes the sale. Our local dealer has a full set of loaner equipment and if something goes down they will have a loaner to you in no more than 24 hours. The tools have lifetime warranty so thats always good.
    "Illegitimis non carborundum."

- Gen. Joseph Stilwell
    (Lat., "Don't let the *~#%&S grind you down.")

MembersZone Subscriber

Our local dealer has a full set of loaner equipment and if something goes down they will have a loaner to you in no more than 24 hours. The tools have lifetime warranty so thats always good.
    This is a requirement of TNT. All dealers must do this or be fired.

We have used TNT, however our dealer is a "little" hard to work with. We purchased a Genesis combi-tool for our new ladder. It is a GREAT piece of equipment. We decided to buy a full set for our new rescue.

Most tools operate to the same level. Taking into account the pressure differences between hi and low. What is generally comes down to is customer service. Granted you have your departments that will buy "NOTHING ELSE" other than what they have, but that is there choice and people must respect that.
    Always remember the CHARLESTON 9

Captain Grant Mishoe, Curator of History
    North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum
    "You'll never know where you're going until you remember where you came from"
    www.legacyofheroes.org
    www.firehistory.org
    www.sconfire.com

Forum Member

We have had TNT tools on our rescue-pumper since 1996. Very few problems. Very good tools.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Thread Information