Default greatest news in my life...

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that my list (FDNY exam #2043) will be established and ready for use this May, instead of late 2004/early 2005. Now i'm checking my mail like a hawk...lol
    All in all, good luck to everyone in the same boat, and best wishes to our brothers around the country who are already on THE greatest job in the world.

See you all soon-

DB

MembersZone Subscriber

Congrats to you...

Im on the list for St Louis FD. Im high enough on the list that Im gonna be called real soon. But no one knows when they are puttin the 1st class on. I even have a buddy on the job and he knows nothing.

Its frustrating. Just waiting...

MembersZone Subscriber

Hate to burst your bubble there pal, but don't expect much to be coming off of that list. Yes the list will be established for the next academy class, but no, they probably won't be hiring much off of it. They are still exhausting the previous list. They are just establishing this one in case they need it.
    I took the test too, right along with the 16,000 other people who passed and am looking forward to getting my results, but I'm afraid to get my hopes up ya know?? Simply because they are establishing the list doesn't mean much though, they'll hardly put a dent in it. They are also still (I think) using the promotion list from the people who took the test at the same time we took the written.

Forum Member

Proby2be if you go into the hiring and employment section of the forums there are a couple of us that are constantly keeping each other up dated with list #2043. You can probably get your best info from there.

Default TO FORTff

...the glass is half full, my friend; not half empty.

Forum Member

Proby2be is right man.. You have to be as positive as possible about your chances.. As for the other list they are about 2,200 candidates into that list and a couple of guys I know at the rock say that the candidates are starting to be kinda crappy for lack of a better term. They are not like the top of the list, they are out of shape and are not fully with it. So I don't see them using that list for more than another 2 or 3 classes. As for the promotional list they only take a few candidates from there. Last time I read there are very few eligible from the promotion list left anyways.. Just stay positive about the whole thing... other wise you will get annoyed and frustrated real quick.

Promotion To Firefighter List #0532
    The Promotion To Firefighter list #0532 was established on September 3, 2003.Seven eligibles will enter the Fire Academy from this list, on March 9, 2004; a total of ninety-three have entered the Fire Academy sinc September 2003. There are 40 eligibles still remaining on the list.

Promotion To Firefighter List #7514
    Appointments from this list have commenced once again. One eligible entered the Fire Academy on September 15, 2003. There are 3 eligibles still remaining on the list. This list will run concurrently with FF lists #7029 & #0532.

FROM WWW.NYC.GOV
    Last edited by firefiftyfive; 03-04-2004 at 03:35 PM.

Forum Member

Exclamation

I surely hope that no body quits their other job, since thay are on a hiring list. It may be a year before you get called. With the way things are going in FDNY, there may be more companies slashed. I pray that this doesn't happen.

Keep on putting in your time at the present job and when they do call you for an interview and to report for training, then and only then you will know that all the hard work paid off.

I know guys that have been on hiring lists as well as promotional lists, that are still waiting to be called!!

Good luck to you, when you do get a call and probably you will. Study hard and do the very best you can.

Stay Well and Safe out there.....

MembersZone Subscriber

You're right, I should stay positive. I was having a bad nite last nite when I wrote that.

Good luck to all!!

Forum Member

Wasn't there just recently an article on fh.com about a brother and sister finally getting called? They took the test like 5 years ago before finally hearing.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Yea Bones there was an article about them. I did not see it on FH.com but I did read it in the Daily News. It was a pretty cool article. I dunno if I would want to be in the same proby class with my sister though, talk about getting your chops busted.

NP FORTff...we all have bad days =)

Today I received my investigation package, and they want me to report to Metrotech Center in a few weeks...so the ball does seem to be rolling. To me, ANY progress is good progress.
    Just a little heads up to all the other candidates on list #2043...so be on the lookout for your package.
    GOOD LUCK

-May god watch over me; now and forever.

Probie..........GOOD LUCK Bro.... and definatly keep that positive attitude! I was on list # 7029 Pretty high as a matter a fact and i just kept positive. and in one thing lead to another first that packet, then called to take the Pysch then the medical and before i new it here i am a NYC FF so keep it positve and youll be there... Good Luck Bro and ill see ya at the BOX!~

Forum Member

Question

tompfdny,

Maybe you can answer a quick question for me...
    Im currently with a career dept. in Upstate (Ny). I was signed up to take #2043 exam, but due to a family emergency I was unable to make the trip to the city to take it. It really didnt bother me much at 1st, but now seeing all the talk on here about the list being established early, guys getting there packets, etc., im starting to regret not taking it. And on top of all that, the dept. im with is talking of cuts. Just curious as to whether they will wait to exhaust 2043 to a certain point, or give another exam 4 years from when the last was given (Dec. 2002). I know you, or anyone cant give me a definite answer because its not set in stone, but you have more of a background in the way the city works than I do. Any insight you, or anyone, could give would be great....Thanks in advance...

Thread Information