MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default Large Load In Diaper Led To....

No, this not quite what you think it is....

Mar 3, 3:48 PM EST

Father: Cocaine in Diaper Illegally Found

EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP) -- A father facing drug charges argues a trooper made an unconstitutional search by changing his son's apparently soiled diaper and finding a bag of crack hidden inside.

The diaper change was a search conducted without probable cause, Walter H. Martin argued in asking the court to throw out the evidence.

Martin, 30, goes on trial next week. His wife, Tawana Fairley, pleaded guilty to a lesser charge in the fall.

Trooper Douglas Humphrey discovered the drugs last June after pulling Martin over for speeding.

Humphrey learned Martin was a suspect in a drug investigation, and a search by a drug-detection dog led Fairley to admit she had marijuana, court documents said.

When Humphrey lifted the 18-month-old boy, he noticed "a large load" in the baby's diaper. The trooper then found the cocaine inside.

Copyright 2004 Associated Press
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

Large load huh.......... hmmmmm how did he know that the infant was not just exceptionally well endowed??
    Last edited by PFire23; 03-04-2004 at 11:59 AM.
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Forum Member

Here is the line.............................................. .................................................. ... Here is Pfire23...

VERY funny though, I like it...hahahaha

But seriously is that considered an illegal search? The cop does have probable cause, considering the fact that they are wanted on drug charges. And I'm sure the kid is not that well endowed...

Thread Information