MembersZone Subscriber

DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

Default SCBA, compressor, washer

We're putting in for SCBA again along with a compressor and maybe a washer/extractor. Anybody got a good narrative I could look at to help me justify these things? How much should a compressor, cascade and fill pot cost? I got one price that sounds WAYYYYY too much. But I think the salesman quoted me more than what I asked for, too.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Forum Member

jboczek, I'll send you what I have so far. We are looking for the same almost. No compressor, we got one of those a couple years ago, cost us $40k. We're looking for the golden horse to replace our SCBA's and the washer/dryer setup. Last 3 years we tried for something else, finally had to bite the bullet and get those items a different way (now I have no compliant SCBA's). I'll email the first draft.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Jack
    Am email is on its way! Sent last years info for our grant. Let me know if you don't get it or you need more info.

Anyone got any good tips on applying for a new pumper? We have never tried for a vehicle so it will be a new area for us.
    Proudly serving as Vice-President of the Illinois Delegation of the IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Bones, the price I got for a fill station of 36k might not be too far off then. Oh, well. I'll look forward to getting your material.
    Les, I might be able to get you a "sucessful" narrative from a neighboring dept. I'll see what I can do.
    Jack Boczek, Chief

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Forum Member

I'll send the email tonight as I can't access it right now (damn upgrades)! I'll include a copy of the specs for our compressor as well.

My 40k compressor has 4 6000psi bottles, 3 fill stations, a remote fill for our aerial bottles, 15hp 3phase electric motor, plus 5 years worth of 4x air test and scheduled maintenance contract. Had 3 prices on it, the 40k, a 42k, and a 48k.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks, all, for the help. I got some good ideas from where ever I looked. All I gotta do is push the submit button and then pray. Think I'll write a letter to Mr. Shimkus and Durbin. Can't hurt this year.
    Les, sorry I couldn't get my hands on that narrative I talked about. One guy didn't have it, another knew who did and would talk to him, but nothing ever came to me.
    Good luck to everybody.
    Jack Boczek, Chief

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default It's in

Well, I just pushed the "submit" button and got a number of 8939. If nobody else sends one in, I'm a shoe-in for a grant!
    Jack Boczek, Chief

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Forum Member

Dang, I got 9136! Sorry it's taken long to get back here...

SCBA-118k
    Washer-6k
    Dryer-5k
    Radios-32k

We'll see if being designated a possible terrorist target helps our grant in any way...

MembersZone Subscriber

200 in about 2 hours. They're pouring in now.
    SCBA - 90k
    washer - 2.5k
    training stuff - 12k
    compressor, fill stations - 23k

Maybe I ought to tell my trustees I did all this. Naw!
    Jack Boczek, Chief

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

MembersZone Subscriber
    finally getting ready to start the new station

I'm about to hit the "submit" button on ours. It still kinda P.O.sme that our guys want to go for a brush truck knowing that no priority 2 apparatus was awarded in last year's grant. We need so much other equipment instead, but majority rules. Some of our guys are childish enough to blame the committee for not writing a good enough narrative as the reason we will get denied. If that happens, they can spend all the nights and days doing research. I'd rather be fishing anyway. To the rest of you, good luck this year.
    Every silver lining's got a touch of grey...I wiilll get by....

Proud to be IACOJ Flatlander Division

Thread Information