MembersZone Subscriber

Default 9/11 and Politics

So now the President of the IAFF is upset that the President of the United States is using some clips of 9/11 for political advertising...This from the clown that cost the fire service in general several BILLION dollars in grant money, because he thought it would be great to pick political sides during the last presidential campaign, so that he could let Al Gore squeeze his toocoos on TV; this from a guy that used 9/11 for his own union politics and grandstanded around Ground Zero, once it was safe; and who threatened the City of New York, in order to get rid of volunteer FFs helping New YOrk at their time of need, thrown off the WTC site and around the city, at any cost....
    Schaitberger should hang his head in shame for the damage he and his union thugs have done to the fire service in the United States, and just shut up, since he really only represents a very small number of total fire fighters in this great country, anyway....

Forum Member

Well, that's one opinion...
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

And what a strong opinion it is...

I get this strange feeling kinda like we have been here before.
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Forum Member

I get this strange feeling kinda like we have been here before.
    do, do, do, do. do, do, do, do.

Imagine this......You've entered the Twilight Zone.

There are at least 2 other threads running this right now here on these forums. I suggest we stick to those two. Weo don't need any more.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Democratic presidential candidates and congressmen accused Bush of knowing about and allowing 9-11 to happen. They don't get to complain if he talks about it now.

the 4-1-4

Once again the intelligence of people on this forums page amazes me. Never before have I been exposed to people who choose personnel ignorant attacks, rather than welfounded well educated debates. It seems to be much easier for many to just rant and rave with no solid evidence to substantiate their claims. Personally I find it offensive to be referred to as a thug, as was implied in a previous post on this thread. I have never met this individual, nor have they met me. I do not endorse nor condone all that the IAFF does or stands for, but they do push for legislation that benefits firefighters every where. Referring to the volunteers kicked out of ground zero, I wonder if this person ever heard of free-lancing, or personal accountibility, or an attempt by the lead agency to perform a coordinated rescue effort. I guess this shows that " spin " is everywhere. Or maybe it was just the fact they were making an attempt to keep further rescuers from becoming injured or killed. I don't agree with my union's position on the President's re-election ads, I think the IAFF needs to look in the mirror before fingers get pointed. I know that alot of the literature I have recieved urging me to vote for kerry has "9-11" implications, but this certainly is no reason for the term " thugs " to be used in describing union members.

Forum Member

wow..........

Forum Member

vu' jade` ........all over again !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Well... if being a member of the IAFF makes me a thug...then I am damn proud of it!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
    Well... if being a member of the IAFF makes me a thug...then I am damn proud of it!
    DITTO
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm neither defending nor am I disagreeing with everything that the thread starter wrote. But in regard to his use of "thugs," I would assume that he was referring to Pres. Schaitberger and the other leaders on the national level. Certainly he didn't mean to imply that union membership = thug.

But then again, we know what happens when we assume.

I'm not even going to touch the political issues here.
    Last edited by gordoffemt; 03-06-2004 at 03:43 PM.
    Lt. D. Gordon
    Greendale Fire Department
    Greendale, IN

Forum Member

Add another proud thug to the group.......

Thread Information