Forum Member

Unhappy please click below..........

I wanted to post this here ....but it is really in the best spot.
    http://cms.firehouse.com/forums2/sho...threadid=57851
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

Veteran firefighter led his union local

Thomas P. Dugan, 54, a Toledo firefighter for 30 years and a former president of Local 92 of the International Association of Fire Fighters, died of cancer yesterday in his West Toledo home.

He had been fighting cancer for more than a year when he retired in November. Toledo City Council last month approved a resolution honoring Mr. Dugan. Mayor Jack Ford said the city would retire Mr. Duganís badge, No. 157.

While fire administration and the union didnít always see eye to eye, Fire Chief Michael Bell said last night, "it was never personal, and [Mr. Dugan] always made a point of making me aware of that.

"He was an excellent firefighter and well respected by the members of the department," Chief Bell said. "He was a very aggressive union leader and worked to protect the rights of his brother and sister union members."

Sue Cervantes, Local 92 secretary-treasurer, said: "What made him a good union president is he wasnít afraid to stand up for what was right," she said.

He worked at many of the fire stations in the city before he was elected union president. He formerly was on the Local 92 executive board.

Mr. Dugan was a graduate of the former DeVilbiss High School and an Army veteran of the Vietnam War. He was awarded a Bronze Star.

He received another war-related distinction in June when he was awarded the Silver Rose, a medal presented by a civilian group to Vietnam veterans with illnesses related to Agent Orange. Mr. Dugan was in the 25th Infantry Division, headquartered in an area heavily sprayed with the chemical defoliant, which is a known carcinogen.

But he was not bitter.

"He always took things as they came. That was one of his traits," his wife, Cynthia, said. "He played the card he was dealt."

Surviving are his wife, whom he married Nov. 12, 1976; son, Matthew; daughters, Rachel and Molly; brother, James Dugan, who is a former Local 92 president, and sisters, Ruth Dugan and Patricia Cates.

The body will be in the H.H. Birkenkamp Mortuary, Tremainsville Road, after 4 p.m. today, with a Last Alarm service at 7 tonight and Scripture services at 7 p.m. tomorrow in the mortuary. Funeral services will be at 12:30 p.m. Monday in St. Clement Church, of which he was a member.

The family suggests tributes to the Hospice of Northwest Ohio; the Toledo Firefighters Museum; Local 92 Charities, and Special Olympics of Ohio.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by WTFD10

Toledo City Council last month approved a resolution honoring Mr. Dugan. Mayor Jack Ford said the city would retire Mr. Duganís badge, No. 157.
    I had the opportunity to attend that ceremony last month. With the standing room only crowd, it was very obvious what Tom meant to his brother firefighters. He was a man dedicated to his city, his firefighters and his profession. It is tragic that such a good man was taken so early in life.

On behlf of the Perrysburg Fire fighters IAFF Local 3331 - God Bless.

MembersZone Subscriber

http://www.iaff.org/across/mda04/032304dug.html

Toledo MDA Hero Remembered

March 23, 2004 - Toledo, OH Local 92 Retired President Tom Dugan received a Big Heart award from the MDA at a recent city council meeting. He was cheered by more than 200 friends and fire fighters in the council chambers, the largest attendance ever for a meeting.

Dugan was recognized for his instrumental role in the success of the annual ďFill-the-BootĒ campaign and for taking the antique fire pumper to MDA summer camp. For the first time in Toledoís history, a fire fighterís badge, #157, was retired as a tribute to Dugan.

Unfortunately, after a courageous fight with a disability, Dugan passed away on March 5, 2004.

Dugan was a 30-year veteran of the fire service and retired last November because of a disability. He had served as Local 92 President since June 1999 until his retirement. Dugan was known for lending an ear and helping anyone in need, any time. He also received the 2003 John Brancheau Award in honor of his community service. Duganís brother, Jim Dugan, was also a member of Local 92 and held the office of president. Tom Dugan is survived by his wife, Cindy, and his children, Rachel, Molly and Matt.

Thread Information