Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Florida--Where did we park that truck?...Hmmm..There it goes! Who's got it?

My Department....My Shift....Good thing is that I was driving the engine that night! Thank Goodness!!!!

St. Petersburg Times--Hernando Edition

Brooksville man held in truck theft
    The 43-year-old told sheriff's deputies he stole the vehicle because he felt authorities weren't actively investigating drug problems.

By DUANE BOURNE, Times Staff Writer
    Published March 6, 2004

BROOKSVILLE - A 43-year-old Brooksville man was arrested Wednesday night after he was accused of stealing a Brooksville fire rescue vehicle because he said he wanted to draw attention to the drug problem in south Brooksville.

Nathan B. Brown, a roofer who lives at 120 Ederington Drive, was charged with one count of grand theft auto and was being held Friday at Hernando County Jail on $10,000 bail.

After he was arrested, Brown told sheriff's deputies he stole the red Ford F-450 because he felt authorities were not actively investigating the prevalence of crack cocaine and other drugs in south Brooksville, a sheriff's report said. Brown said drugs are ruining the lives of people in the city, the report said.

Authorities began looking for the vehicle about 10:20 p.m. Wednesday, when it was reported stolen from Ederington Street and Howell Avenue.

About an hour later, deputies found the vehicle, modified for the city's fire rescue operations, parked in front of 819 Leonard St. The truck's lights were turned on, and the engine was running, the report said.

Deputies began searching the area and saw a man matching the description that two witnesses had given. The deputies followed the suspect and found Brown lying on the ground behind a house on Leonard Street, the report said.

Minutes later, firefighters from the Brooksville Fire Department arrived and said the two witnesses had seen Brown climb into the vehicle and drive off, the report said.

The witnesses told deputies that Brown had knocked on their door late Wednesday and began talking with them, the report said.

Brown has a criminal history in Hernando County, including arrrests for disorderly intoxication, retail theft and marijuana possession.

In 2002, he was convicted of grand theft and sentenced to 22 months in the Department of Corrections, court records indicated.

If convicted of the first-degree felony charge, Brown could face up to 30 years in prison. He was ordered to return to court for arraignment April 13.

- Duane Bourne can be reached at 352 754-6114. Send e-mail to dbourne@sptimes.com
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Forum Member

Maybe they should start their drug use investigation with Mr. Brown

MembersZone Subscriber PFD109NFD107's Avatar

Man what's up with Florida's fire trucks.... I watched a video clip today of a ladder truck from Estero that decided to park in a food market across from their station. It is on www.nbc-2.com.

ya know .............I think someone must had a brake issue there .........cause er ............I , uhhhhhhhhh what a mess.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Well no one was hurt but shouldn't you park the fire truck next to the "hot" pepper selection?

On a more serious note, I see a lack of protective gear by the chain saw operator. Turnouts are not rated for chainsaws but should provide more protection than a short sleeve shirt.

Stay Safe
    IACOJ

Originally posted by Weruj1
    ya know .............I think someone must had a brake issue there .........cause er ............I , uhhhhhhhhh what a mess.
    201.... That was the dept that Grant left us for..

wonder if he was driving ?
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Originally posted by Weruj1
    wonder if he was driving ?
    No he was not......

Thread Information